Replies

• dmbgoral
    dmbgoral Posts: 27
    Options
    awesome job!!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Good for you, bro! Keep killing it, killer!
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great!
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your before and after is inspiring
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    First congrats, big changes there. 2nd, you could be Cedric the Entertainer younger better looking brother. :)

As for the running, I am a noob myself. With how short a 5K race is, if you drink plenty before (night before even) the race you should be well hydrated for the race. Most races will have a water stop around midway. IF you feel you need it then by all means carry it with you, just dont over do it. Also, with this being your first it I highly suggest that first mile make it a nice easy mile. Build speed with each mile. Some folks get so excited and blow out of the gate on fire! Only to be dead by halfway. My first I just wanted to finish, jog the entire race (it was 90+ by start so wasnt sure if that would be possible), and be below 44:35 (unofic 5K time for me). Which I did and my 2nd 5K I blew my goals out of the water.

I dont know about you but when I crossed that line it was a little bit of an emotional moment for me. Ive never been more proud of myself to do something so outside of the box for me. If I hit any goal or not, I finished! Enjoy the moment, it is a huge step in our life changing process. Good luck and let us know how it went.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/ <-- My blog and I have my 2 Race Reports there from my 5K's.

THANKS!!!!

First off I hate running! I don't run for enjoyment. I run purely for fitness. So This 5K business is purely out of doing something out of my character. I have lost 85 lbs so I can run without my knees falling off and it is something i have never done.

No doubt this will be a mildly emotional event. I dont have any expectations on time although anything less than 45 minutes in my book is a win to me. I am just gonna keep a steady pace and see what happens I am 225 so I am not expecting 3 10 minute miles here. I keep reminding myself that I am doing this for me so it is def not about winning the race, it is about respecting the mountain this is and taking the necessary steps and precautions to achieve this goal. I

I am very nervous and excited at the same time. EVEN IF I AM LAST PLACE, I AM GONNA FINISH!!!!
  • ChristineEaton7210
    ChristineEaton7210 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congratulations!

Inspirational! I've set myself a one year goal to run a half marathon next October.....will start with a 6km on September 23rd....

Hope you post your pointers & thoughts after you've run your race

Will send you an add!
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congratulations!

Inspirational! I've set myself a one year goal to run a half marathon next October.....will start with a 6km on September 23rd....

Hope you post your pointers & thoughts after you've run your race

Will send you an add!

Half Marathon!!!! WOW! I said to myself that I am going to do a couple 5K's and then maybe a 5 miler and by 2014 I can run the Marine Corp Marathon here in DC. It will be a process to work my way up there. Def Good Luck with you 6KM next month!!!!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    WOW! you've done great! good luck on your 5k!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Even your skin looks brighter and healthier. Nice work!
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Great job!!!! You look happier
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Well done!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..You look like a different person.
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rock on! Doesnt even look like the same person. Good luck on your run. Let us know how ya do. Plenty of water During and the whole day before. prehydrate. Good nights sleep!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!

I started running in late May and ran my first race (albeit only 2 miles) in early July. I'm planning on a couple of 5k races this fall and want to start training for sprint triathlons over the winter.

Here are my words of wisdom: Definitely eat something (granola bar, banana) 30 minutes before the race. I don't normally drink water during my runs, so all I did at the water station is swish a little bit around in my mouth. Don't start too far back in the pack because you'll end up having to maneuver around a lot of slow runners (and walkers). Watch your pace though--I was caught up in the pack mentality and ended up running a full minute/mile off my training pace--this killed me, but I was able to finish. Be aware that all of the adrenaline can do crazy things to your body (dry heaves and/or worse). After the race, walk it off, keep breathing, and remember to stretch.

Good luck!
  • maryann123115
    maryann123115 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a big difference! Amazing!
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • jcs1164
    jcs1164 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    curious as to how much weight you lost. You do look great!. Good job with the 5K. Take your time and dont worry about the other crazy runners. Slow and steady.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep up the great job you're doing and good luck on your 5K run!!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congrats on the weight loss and the 5k. Just finished c25k myself.

BTW...Anyone ever tell you you look like Jimmy Rollins?
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    curious as to how much weight you lost. You do look great!. Good job with the 5K. Take your time and dont worry about the other crazy runners. Slow and steady.

I was 310+ I stopped weighing myself after that but I am sure I was at the very least 10lbs heavier than that. I am 225 now. I am excited so far! Thanks for the comment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!