NSV This morning.

Options
Normally, My boyfriend has to drag me out of bed after he has already taken our dog out and fed him. This morning, it was me who took Tucker out, fed him, woke my boyfriend up and then went back outside for something I'd yet to ever do. I went running. (Not to make an excuse but I've had asthma my entire life, exercise induced at that so, I have always lived a VERY sedentary life.) I didn't do a lot. I will admit that. I started at one end of the alley and ran to the other. At 6:45 in the morning I was running. It took me two minutes and two inhaler puffs but tomorrow morning who knows, maybe it will take 1:49 :)

Replies

• shortybb26
    shortybb26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am yet to get the energy to exercise in the AM. Way to go!!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too so I can really appreciate what you said. I've spent several months building up my heart rate to 150. I have been walking my Doberman 1.5 miles each morning. I get a block long jog in every now and then and it is absolutely awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Normally, My boyfriend has to drag me out of bed after he has already taken our dog out and fed him. This morning, it was me who took Tucker out, fed him, woke my boyfriend up and then went back outside for something I'd yet to ever do. I went running. (Not to make an excuse but I've had asthma my entire life, exercise induced at that so, I have always lived a VERY sedentary life.) I didn't do a lot. I will admit that. I started at one end of the alley and ran to the other. At 6:45 in the morning I was running. It took me two minutes and two inhaler puffs but tomorrow morning who knows, maybe it will take 1:49 :)

Good job!! My daughter has asthma too. Her doc told us to maker her use her inhaler 15mins before exercise (she played soccer for years). Then she only used it again as needed. Just keep building your stamina, a little at a time.. you'll get there!!
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    progress is always good! congrats
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing NSV. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    You can consider that an amazing victory! Think of all the people that were still in bed sleeping and you were up and accomplishing something. Great job!
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV! Great progress!! :)