Getting back on track...harder than it sounds!

Options
I joined MFP in March of 2011 after losing 15lbs on my own. Between March 11 and the beginning of this year I've lost 85lbs all together and I'm so proud of what I've accomplished, however, I think I've gotten a little too proud and too comfortable with where I'm at right now. I've been stuck all year, I've been going back and forth between 160 and 165 for 8 and a half months. I keep telling myself that I'll get back on track, log everyday, eat right and exercise but I don't. Or I do really good for a few days or a week, then stumble again. I want my motivation back! I'm 20is lbs from my ultimate goal and here I am, stuck. I feel awful, and righfully so with the way I've been eating. So here is my open invitation to add me, help motivate me, and encourage me when I stumble. (I'll do the same for you too!) I just need to get back on track and lose these last 20 lbs!!!!

Replies

• darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The important thing is that you have the desire to get back on track. I too am just starting to get back to it after about two weeks of slacking off and not really caring, eating whatever I wanted etc. I find that when I eat right and exercise I feel *so* much better then when I slack off.

So when you stumble, get right the hell back up and try again. I'm rooting for you, ,and for me. :)
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    we are already friends. i totally need motivation too. you look great and you have done a great job! :) lets get to motivating. i need it bad.
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You already have the tools - choose to start right now :-)
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I know! I gained 6 lbs back and now I'm trying to lose the last 8 1/2 lbs to my goal. UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I joined MFP in March of 2011 after losing 15lbs on my own. Between March 11 and the beginning of this year I've lost 85lbs all together and I'm so proud of what I've accomplished, however, I think I've gotten a little too proud and too comfortable with where I'm at right now. I've been stuck all year, I've been going back and forth between 160 and 165 for 8 and a half months. I keep telling myself that I'll get back on track, log everyday, eat right and exercise but I don't. Or I do really good for a few days or a week, then stumble again. I want my motivation back! I'm 20is lbs from my ultimate goal and here I am, stuck. I feel awful, and righfully so with the way I've been eating. So here is my open invitation to add me, help motivate me, and encourage me when I stumble. (I'll do the same for you too!) I just need to get back on track and lose these last 20 lbs!!!!
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    I totally hear you!!! I had a 3 week "Eat all the absolutely bad food I can" binge and I not only gained back what I lost!!! and gained an additional 3 lbs!!!! I'll send you a 'Pal' invite. More encouragement and support the better.
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you!!! I had a 3 week "Eat all the absolutely bad food I can" binge and I not only gained back what I lost!!! and gained an additional 3 lbs!!!! I'll send you a 'Pal' invite. More encouragement and support the better.

I did this after reaching my all time lowest ever, and I bloated 11.6 pounds in those 3 weeks!
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I am in exactly the same place as you! Let's support each other! Anyone is welcome to add me as a pal!
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :cry: I hear you I have been off plan for too long and just got back on the scale and almost fainted... I am back on track and this time I am determined to succeed.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I wish I could tell you some awesome stuff to get you back on track, but I can't. :( All I can say is it works best for me to set goals. I know I HAVE to get back on track this week cause I signed up for a 10k and have to train for it. Maybe do something like that? Good luck to you!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It sucks that we've all experienced having to kind of start over again, but its comforting to know I'm not alone. I'm thinking about signing up for the Rugged Maniac in November. I'm sure that would keep me motivated :)
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was the same as you, I lost alot of weight and felt so much better about myself, so then I got comfortable and stayed at my 'new fat weight' for a couple of years!! I was actually about 165lbs, but podgy and not totally comfortable with myself, so I always knew I'd eventually want to lose the final 20lbs or so.

So that day came, and here I am, back at mfp. Something has just clicked and I have SO much motivation that nothing will stop me this time. I even had a 6 week plateau and that didn't wane my spirit! So if you need any help or motivation call on me and we can encourage one another. You're not too far behind me on the scales...and just think of that cute outfit we're gona be wearing at Christmas! lol

We can do this!!! :)
  • Hypoxic_81
    Hypoxic_81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to add that I'm in the same spot too. I had made some great progress while on a 4 week vacation break, went back to working my regular schedule (which, between my 2 jobs is pretty much EVERY DAY, about half of that time on the road) and all my new habits and routines fell apart. I gained back most of what I lost and now I'm having to learn how to incorporate something resembling a fitness routine into a lifestyle that does NOT involve regular hours. It's difficult, I'm frustrated and stressed (because of this, work AND finances) so everything right now just seems impossible but I know it CAN be done as I've done it before. I just have to make up my mind to do it.

Good luck to everyone (and if you're looking for pals, I could certainly use more, esp in the Greater Toronto Area)!
  • b3ll4
    Options
    Yes! I thought i was the only one! My birthday came around and i thought "just this once." Well, i haven't worked out in 3 weeks now.
    I have put on 5 lbs so far!
    Getting back on track feels hopeless, i have zero motivation at the moment. Help!!:sad: