Curse You Taco Bell!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i love that the first post by that person was to criticize your post... kinda funny
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    no amount of commercials or advertising will ever make me believe that anything taco bell offers can be good for you. i just can't do it. don't get me wrong, i loves me some chalupas... but there is no way someone got skinny from eating off of taco bell's "diet menu" i don't believe it for a second.

I agree!!
  • biffy107
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I saw on tv a couple of days ago that the calories eating out is 18 percent higher.Frozen meals are 8 percent.Soooo eating out can be a couple hundred more than you think .SORY for the bad news. So I lookd it up you will find it out on THE ROYAL GAZETTE JAN.14 BY MICHAEL HILL.or you can type mcdonalds calories .That is how i found it.
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Whether it is taco bell or whatever restaurant, if you are serious about losing weight I strongly suggest that you do a nutrition look up before you leave the house or office. Make your mind up what you getting before you get there so that you can stick to plan. Eating out has saved my sanity of dieting. I can go get a steak at Texas Road house, eat a salad with diet dressing, my own which I bring on the side, steamed veggies. I get out of there with under 400 calories and feeling good. If a restaurant doesn't list calories, there are other ways to estimate what you are eating. (iPhone has numerous applications for free or low cost). By planning makes a world of difference when deciding to eat out anywhere.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We dont have Taco Bell here in the UK but Macdonalds is my absolute weakness... I used to eat a double cheeseburger as a snack between meals on the way home and think nothing of it... until I discovered that there are something like 550 cals in one! I still think they must put some form of narcotic in them...they are are so addictive.... those damn golden arches of hell...:laugh:
  • LizzieLove
    Options
    I have this problem too! I try to think of ways to disgust myself out of getting it. I think of that documentary of that guy who ate fast food for a month and gained tons of weight and was so unhealthy, and think of what I would look like. Or I think of what is actually in all of those products they use. How they're frozen and probably older than they should be. It's gross, but it works for me! Haha. And I always keep a healthy snack with me, so that way if I'm really hungry, I can just pull out a bag of almonds or craisins or a granola bar and munch on that while I drive to a healthier place! :)
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If there is a particular food item or restaurant you like, try to emulate that in a healthy version at home. You'll probably find that once you start making healthier versions at home with healthy, high qualifty ingredients, you'll be so grossed out by the processed crap that most restaurants give you that you won't even want to eat out any more. I also used to go nuts for Taco Bell. Once you start tracking your calories eaten and burned you should realize that it's really not worth it. And always make sure to have healthy snacks with you so you don't get to the point your so hungry by meal time that you'll eat whatever junk is available.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    i love that the first post by that person was to criticize your post... kinda funny

I noticed that too, and laughed.

I've done the same thing. "Woo hoo, I didn't go to McDonalds! Uh oh, went to Dairy Queen instead."

Honestly I find the longer you go without fast food, the less appealing it is. It's like they put drugs in the food or something to get us addicted. Get over the initial "jonesing" period and you're set!

I've actually dug up nutritional information for EVERY major fast food restaraunt, and put it in my glove compartment. Helps me make smart choices when I'm on the go. Usually I can't find anything on the menu that's worth eating to me once I know the calories....
  • MissLinzi
    MissLinzi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Whether it is taco bell or whatever restaurant, if you are serious about losing weight I strongly suggest that you do a nutrition look up before you leave the house or office. Make your mind up what you getting before you get there so that you can stick to plan. Eating out has saved my sanity of dieting. I can go get a steak at Texas Road house, eat a salad with diet dressing, my own which I bring on the side, steamed veggies. I get out of there with under 400 calories and feeling good. If a restaurant doesn't list calories, there are other ways to estimate what you are eating. (iPhone has numerous applications for free or low cost). By planning makes a world of difference when deciding to eat out anywhere.

Thats exactly what I do, and it works everytime!
  • RabbitLuvr37
    RabbitLuvr37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What keeps me out of a lot of fast food places is reading not only the calorie counts, but the ingredients. I don't want all those preservatives a crap in my body!!!

I have also found that if I can go for several months without eating at a particular fast food place, I start not liking the food anymore. I did that with McDonalds a few years ago......I gave it up for 3 months, then got a really strong craving for a cheeseburger from there. I got one, and took one bite, and it tasted SO gross! Never got one again, it tasted that nasty.

Chipotle is the one place I actually eat at frequently. It doesn't have to be that bad for you, if you just pay attention to what you're ordering. I always get the bowl, so no tortilla. I stopped eating meat a few months ago, so I get the veggie bowl. I always get it to go, take it home, and put half in a container for a lunch to take to work, and eat the other half, which is now less than 500 calories, even with cheese, sour cream, and guac! One of those bowls will fill two 2.5 cup containers, and even without the meat, it satisfies my craving for Chipotle.
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Me and my family are huge Taco Bell junkies... everytime i go and am watching my calories i get three soft taco's fresco style. It fills me up and seems to curb my cravings for Taco bell.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't mind Taco Bell when i'm in the US (my gf lives there so i am there like half the year) but I am a far, far bigger fan of Mexican chains like Moe's and Qdoba. Especially Moe's. Instead of having Taco Bell whenever I feel like it, I think that if I don't have Taco Bell (or anything else take-out) for say 3 weeks then I will go to Moe's for a Joey Bag o' Donuts. It's something to look forward to as a treat and saves me eating all the crap from Taco Bell every time I go past it. Obviously, there is an element of willpower in there too, but I figure a one-off in my fave Mexican place trumps one-a-week of Taco Bell!
  • jessiebeatrice
    Options
    I used to have a job where I drove around all day for a living. It was so hard to find healthy food on the go. I started packing my own lunch, and made a habit to always have healthy snacks within arms reach, and I was always sure to have a treat of some kind so I wouldn't be tempted to hit the drive through.

My suggestion: bring food with you so you aren't desperately hungry. If it's not possible to bring food with you, really consider your choices, make a plan to eat something specific at a specific spot and stick with it. If possible, call orders in, in advance and take them somewhere else to eat. Calling orders in ahead of time saves you time, but more importantly helps you combat the "ooh that looks good, let me get that" compulsive ordering thing.
  • courtface
    Options
    OMG....Taco Bell is my weak spot too!!!! I ALWAYS pass it on the way to the gym and it take everything in me to not stop!!!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I will admit, I love Taco Bell crunchy tacos, but like many foods I love, I think about them way more than I eat them. I take my lunch and snacks to work every day so I don't get tempted by fast food and then on the weekend , I buy delicious things that are good for me that I don't have time to prepare during the week. I guess I distract myself from fast food with food.

Kinda odd, but it seems to be working.
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    I have many weaknesses when it comes to food (starbucks, chedder and sour cream chips, chocolate...you get the point) but my biggest weakness is taco bell. When I'm wrestling with myself about whether or not want that junky food, i take out my iphone and find the calories and fat content of that particular item. For instance, today at Starbucks I really wanted an apple fritter. I checked the calories, and its 1000! After seeing that, I felt disgusted and in no way had any desire to waste my calories and my hardwork on an apple fritter. Maybe this method will work for you to? I know that when I can see the nutritional information for what I want to eat It helps me make better informed choices.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I work until midnight so I am often hungry on the way home. I know I have healthy nice food waiting for me at home...an hour away. So what I do to resist the urge to pull into the drive-thru, is I move over into the furthest lane from the side of the street where the place is located. Taco Bell and Carl's are BOTH on my direct path to the freeway, so I first move all the way into the left lane, so there are three full lanes of cars between me and Taco Bell. Then, passing that, I move all the way into the right lane so that Carl's is also less easily accessible. With LA traffic, it becomes impossible to make that last second dive into the drive-thru, and I get safely onto the freeway where there are no devilish temptations between me and home.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Hard Shell Tacos (when all said and done, better for you than the soft shell)
    Grilled beef burrito
    Chicken quesadilla

Yes it is the absolute bastardization if mexican food and I love it.
  • steppann
    Options
    Ok so I had saw this post a couple of days ago and I must say I LOVE TACO BELL, but I have avoided it just like I have every other fast food for the last couple of months. Well I have had a bad couple of days, so I planned to have Taco Bell for dinner. You should have seen the kids faces when I said we was having fast food. I had 2 of the hard shell fresco and yummy I got my fix. So I had taco bell and dang it I still didnt eat enough calories today.