1 Year Progress! (Pictures)

Options

Replies

• juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Excellent work and by all means, get used to thinking of the "new" you. You earned it!
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Wow! You ARE an inspiration! And I hope that you will see that slim you in the mirror soon, because YOU ARE WORTH IT!
    *sorry for shouting...*
  • immarungirl
    immarungirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • gboundshi14
    Options
    OMG!!! Love your new look! You are still the same person inside (of course) but it will take some adjusting to the new you on the outside! I would be strutting my stuff, can't wait till i reach my goal. I'm still new at this but so far its the only thing that's worked for me. Take care of yourself and BEEEEEE HAPPY!!!! After all, that was your real goal.
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • AllAmericanSweetiePie25
    Options
    Congratulations! you look beautiful:o) and are truly an inspiration to my journey here on MFP! Keep it up!!!!
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    waow!!! that is inspiration girl, keep going :wink:
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great! There is a big difference!! And you should be so proud of yourself! What have you been doing for weight loss/ lifestyle change?

Thank you! :)

I removed and reduced a lot of food from my diet and also have smaller portions. I no longer drink pop which was a biggie for me and my fast food has gone down to maybe once every other week, which if I get something it is normally a salad anyways (That doesn't count as fast food right? :P). I still eat carbs but not as much as I used to, don't really eat red meat, and all the yummy junk food in the middle of the grocery store is a no-go. I stay to the perimeter while grocery shopping for the most part now.

When it comes to exercise I love walking, which I am hoping one day I will get the courage to tempt running. I also do a lot of walking on the treadmill and riding on a stationary bike at my local gym.

I think the main thing that has helped me is not depriving myself of the things I like. I am a Taco Bell addict and I still treat myself to it, I just get way less things and try and do the lower calorie items.
    you did an amazing job, you look great!! why arent you smiling? :)

It is very rare for me to smile in pictures. It just all boils down to issues with myself I am trying to battle that I have had since I was a kid. Part of the reason I started the lifestyle change as well.

And thank you! :)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good work! I am guessing that you are both healthier and happier these days.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    awesome. looking great
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    One way to get through this is to keep taking pics of yourself. Line them up (tape to that mirror you are using) from SW-GW, eventually you will begin to see and believe the difference. Oh yea - if you can afford keep shopping, lol, just going to the stores trying on smaller size clothes really helped me feel and see the difference! Good luck and Congrats!
  • EmilyWest1919
    EmilyWest1919 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and totally different! What an inspiration for those of us just starting out:0)! Keep it up, girl!
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing! Thanx for the inspiration :)
  • ksanchez311
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so incredible!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You may not be able to see the change in yourself, but listen to the compliments.
    It's true you look amazing.

Soak up all the admiring glances ☺

and Atta girl!
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    Wow amazing great job. And don't be afraid to go talk to someone about not being able to see the new you this is a huge change and of course there will be some issues believing what you see. Keep up the great work and congrats on the new you!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I too started out at 334 and have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks!! So excited for that. Sounds like I'm on the track to being where you are at in a year possibly!

You look amazing. You look like a totally different person. You should feel so proud of your accomplishments!
  • angies276
    Options
    you look amazing, and think positive thoughts about how you look and feel, you are a great inspiration to those of us just starting our journey. Keep us posted .....
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started at 308 and am now 205. I think that I have always had a distorted view of my mirror image. I believe this because I would always be absolutely shocked when I would see a picture of myself. The two images just did not jive with one another. Now when I look at myself in the mirror all the sags and bags and rolls seem to be in the same spots so I really don't see much of a difference in my appearance. Pictures however do tell me the true story. Your pictures show an amazing change. Look at and enjoy those and tell that girl in the mirror that she is doing an amazing job! Way to succeed!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    congrats! You look awesome! : D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!