Crock pot help

Options
Hi, I am making chicken soup in the crock pot. I am using just 2 chicken breasts and vegetables and it's been cooking on high (I needed it done before dinner). The chicken will be done soon, so can I just take it out, refrigerate it, then put it back in the soup when the veges are done??? Thanks!

Replies

• jaimeschubring
    jaimeschubring Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would just leave it in if there is enough liquid. Are the chicken breasts whole or cut up?
  • akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    They are whole. Thanks for responding!
  • jaimeschubring
    jaimeschubring Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would take them out to chop up or shred and put them back in. It won't hurt the chicken to stay in the whole time. Hope it turns out yummy.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I would take them out to chop up or shred and put them back in. It won't hurt the chicken to stay in the whole time. Hope it turns out yummy.

Thats what I do too. Take them out, chop/shred them and put them back in. Do this an hour before you are ready to serve though, because I chopped the chicken breasts once and put them back in and the meat boiled for too long and toughened up. It won't happen to whole breasts but might if they are shredded/chopped and in the crockpot for very long.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Always put the veggies in first (bottom where its the hottest.) They take much longer than any meat. =]