Last minute (warning this is a rant)

Options
Soooo, my husband got off work late. I just got off the phone with him and he wants to go out for mexican!!!!! He could have told me this morning! :explode: If I go with my planned dinner and one glass of wine I'll be over by 26 calories, which I don't really mind. If we go out I'll be over by 200-300! I know it won't kill me I got pretty mad on the phone. He said he forgot and we can eat at home. I'm just irritated. I'm trying soooo hard to make this work for me and I just feel let down by him "forgetting".

Plus by the time we got there it would be 8 pm! I'm ready for dinner now! I just feel like it's been a pissy night so far!

Replies

• danielleleee
    Options
    why dont you eat your planned dinner now and just get a garden salad with vinegarette dressing when you go out?
  • adahl
    adahl Posts: 3
    Options
    It should be fine..order what you usually get just only eat half. Ask for your to go bag as soon as you get the food, and put half away. This will be a whole nother meal for tomorrow!..still hungry eat a salad when u get home, or before.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration about having your day planned and your calories accounted for. And, I totally go along with the trying so hard argument - however......

I say screw it - your husband WANTS to take you out for supper - he isn't being coerced, guilt tripped, or cajoled. He wants to do it. That can be an extemly rare thing!!!! :)

Exercise a little more tomorrow and eat a little less to help make up for the overage todya and there won't be so much damage.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    You could go and order fajitas without the oil, and then skip on some or all of the tortilla shells. It will be a nice challenge to eat as lightly as possible. Sometimes life happens like that, it's just a small obstacle on your weight loss journey.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    We are cooking at home and he said sorry. This is in no way a rare thing in our house! My husband loves to take me out to eat!!! I'm better now, we may go out tomorrow after our workout :wink:
  • olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eat your "planned meal" at home and then have a glass of wine out while your husband eats! Order a glass of sletzer water, no ice and the glass of wine. Get an empty glass. Split the wine into two glasses and add the seltzer and some ice. You will fool yourself into thinking that you are drinking two glasses of wine. Enjoy watching the other people eat.... add up the calories in your head :bigsmile:
  • ace2009
    ace2009 Posts: 13
    Options
    I know how you feel! My bf does not support me at all! And he knows juust how difficult this is for me. He still stands in front of me eating sweets and saying "what. I'm not on a diet" Talk about a lack of respect or concern!
  • danielleleee
    Options
    I know how you feel! My bf does not support me at all! And he knows juust how difficult this is for me. He still stands in front of me eating sweets and saying "what. I'm not on a diet" Talk about a lack of respect or concern!

MY HUSBAND KNOWS MY FAVORITE FOOD IS "MIGUELS" AND HE TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY HE HAS BEEN CRAVING IT BUT HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OUT OF RESPECT FOR ME. I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER!

IT REALLY HELPS TO SURROUND YOURSELF WITH SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Glad that got settled. My guy and I do the whole arguing thing all the time. I'm glad you both compromised! :flowerforyou:
  • viliberty
    Options
    My honey does what I call "sabatoge" He brings home things that he knows I like, and says, "You don't have to eat them, save them for the grandkids." Yeah, Right! I think he means well, and he does want me to be healthy, but sometimes my way of eating is "inconvenient" for him. Most of the time I can "save it for the grandkids," but it would be easier if it weren't around. Love that man ayway. He's stuck with me for 49 years. That took some doing on his part!