SENSA -has anyone tried this product?

Options
I am not new to the weight loss struggle and I know there is no magic product BUT is there anthing you have tried that helped? I have recently been reading a lot about SENSA ...has anyone tried this product?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's crap as are almost all weight loss purchases.
    Do you have a food scale? That would be a magnificent purchase.
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it was a joke. I did not lose a single pound and I could taste the powedery substance. Save your money. :-)
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have never personally tried it, but I watched two women at Carabba's about a month ago sprinkling it on their oversized portions of italian food covered in alfredo sauce. I almost wet myself laughing over that one... REALLY???

And, did I mention, they were having high calorie cocktails with it? If you are going to splurge, then just do it. Don't kid yourself that some powder will magically make the calories and fat pass right through!!

LOL
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I researched this product extensively! I have to say I honestly think it's just a gimick. Save your money :) As much as we all want something to help us along, it really comes down to eating less, eating right and exercise. :happy:
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this because I was wondering the same thing!
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As tempting as the commercials are like every review I've read online is that they rip you off.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

^^ This! The food scale helps so much =]

Don't waste your money on Sensa or anything like that =/
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I only heard about ripoff warnings on credit cards and and problems like nausea but no weight loss
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a week and saw no changes in my eating. I eat rather healthy in my opinion anyways, but in the beginning I struggles with binges and over eating. It didn't for to lose a single pounds- and now I have 6 month supply of Sensa sitting in my room. Wasted money- all weight loss products don't work, I've tried most of them. There nothing but a quick fix- I hate saying this but changing you lifestyle and becoming more healthy is all you need.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying the "diet" products a long time ago. If I could just have all that money back. Sigh.

I'm experimenting with DHEA now to see if it makes a difference. The studies on DHEA have been focused on male subjects, but there is some anecdotal evidence that women over 40 get some pretty nice body recomposition benefits from 25-100 mg per day.

We'll see.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but Im guessing the only reason people would lose weight off of it is because the stuff makes your food taste like crap so you eat less. Just sprinkle some sand on your food, Im sure its the same concept. lol Honestly I was curious about it too. But I have already learned that magic pills and powders dont work in the long run. :( Its just plain hard work and dedication to health and fitness.
  • angelinnaonadiet
    Options
    I have never personally tried it, but I watched two women at Carabba's about a month ago sprinkling it on their oversized portions of italian food covered in alfredo sauce. I almost wet myself laughing over that one... REALLY???

And, did I mention, they were having high calorie cocktails with it? If you are going to splurge, then just do it. Don't kid yourself that some powder will magically make the calories and fat pass right through!!

LOL

totally agree.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    If you really want to sprinkle something on your food, buy that fiber powder... At least that way you'll be getting more fiber in your diet.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of rude comments with this, so I'll put it very nicely. Please don't waste your money or time with it. I haven't personally tried it, but I have enough common sense to not sprinkle even more chemicals on my chemically-laden food. If you want to try a diet pill or appetite suppressant, go for something natural. I have no problem with trying green tea supplements or ground cayenne pepper for metabolism health because it would be the same thing as having had spicy food for the day or a few cups of tea before bed. I didn't see any major changes with them, but felt better physically -- probably due to a placebo effect, but hey! That counts too sometimes. If you're going to spend money on something, it should be at least safe.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying the "diet" products a long time ago. If I could just have all that money back. Sigh.

I'm experimenting with DHEA now to see if it makes a difference. The studies on DHEA have been focused on male subjects, but there is some anecdotal evidence that women over 40 get some pretty nice body recomposition benefits from 25-100 mg per day.

We'll see.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dhea/NS_patient-dhea

Increased risk of cancer? No thanks!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with Sidesteal on this one.

The food scale was (and continues to be) my magic fix. It helped me to learn so much about what a portion size really is and what it really isn't...

Aside from that, and since you asked what worked for us:

- Get plenty of sleep.
    - If you exercise, try to incorporate lots of resistance exercises. It will make a big difference in your overall outcome.
    - Plan out your meals as much as possible to eliminate impulse eating.

Good luck!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    meow meow meow meow
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Agree. I love my food scale, and I was pleasantly surprised at how closely I was estimating beforehand.

Don't let 'em get your hard-earned money hon! If you want to sprinkle something on your food, try chia seeds!!! My favorite new find. :flowerforyou:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    not sensa, but i tried lipozene when it first came out..i was SO obese, and taking care of 2 kids alone for a few months while my hubby was in the military..i tried it for 2 months, and in that time i lost 11 lbs..of course this was 6 years ago, but it did work for me, and i didnt work out or eat better..good luck