Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Embarrassing (healthy) food habits?

ali258
ali258 Posts: 403
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I love certain vegetables, and I get a little out of control with them sometimes. For example, I can eat a half a head (or sometimes the entire thing) of cabbage by myself without a problem. When I log foods like this it always makes me a little embarrassed since it's an entire HEAD of cabbage. I also usually eat an entire cucumber, or an entire bag of frozen cauliflower by myself - especially if it's roasted with garlic.

Anyone else have embarrassing healthy food habits?

-Alison

Replies

• weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    It's nothing for me to eat a half or more of a bag of lettuce when I make a salad. Most of embarrassing food habits were before I started changing my lifestyle.
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 9
    I'm not into salad or vegetables very much at all, but I did do boil in the bag rice yesterday (which is as plain as plain can be!) and improvised with a McDonalds curry sauce (50cals) scooped it into the rice and mixed it all up, was so tasty!
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    An entire bag of frozen, shelled edemame or peas. :)
  • I love the California blend that I get at Sam's. Thank god it comes in bulk bags!!!
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Similar to gurgi22, I can finish off a can of chick peas in no time. They're ssooo good. even just right out of the can. Or a bowl of frozen baby peas with a little olive oil and sea salt. OMG I think I'm having that for lunch now!!
  • I can eat veggies until I'm sick. It's an awful habit that I've always had.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    I've been eating the same thing for lunch for months now. Turkey on wheat, nonfat cheese slice and 2 slices tomato. I also love those special K crackers. I like to put them on my sandwich and eat them that way. :blushing:

I used to do it with potato chips and also, french fries on a cheeseburger. So it's alright. =D

I get out of control with grapes. I could eat a hundred a day.
  • It's nothing for me to eat a half or more of a bag of lettuce when I make a salad. Most of embarrassing food habits were before I started changing my lifestyle.

Wow, how true is that. When I think of what I was eating before I started, now that is embarrassing. Now, I take pride in eating all of the free calories I can. Head of lettuce, cuke, pepper. It doesn't matter, they are FREEEEEE.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I love Dill pickles. A whole pickle is all of 5 calories.

I bring some to snack on at my desk at work. You would not beleive the looks I get from co-workers. I really don't care what they think. But one day another co-worker was giving me a hard time about them, and my IT Guy; who has lost 100 lbs himself, over heard it and pretty much put the other guy in his place. It was kind of funny.
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    ooh, yum. Edamame :) Now I want those :)

I can eat a couple of cartons of cherry tomatoes no problem....mmmmm..natural candy :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    If it wasn't for the sodium, I could eat a jar of pickles in one sitting!
  • RabbitLuvr37
    RabbitLuvr37 Posts: 17 Member
    I can eat a whole head of cauliflower roasted with a light spritz of olive oil and lots of garlic, or a whole bundle of asparagus roasted with a poached egg on top. Easy.
This discussion has been closed.