Wii Calories burned

Options
I was wondering how many calories are burned doing wii fit the Stepping, Hula hoop, Free Running and Jack knife sit ups.... Im 5'5" and weigh 156 so im wondering if i did the wii for about 45 minutes and did all those listed how many calories do you think im burning and also how would i log that into my exercise

Replies

• oAngieMaeo
    Options
    You can put it into your exercise on here as circuit training.. It goes by your weight .. I have to do that with the biggest loser game on the wii because I KNOW Im burning way more then it tells me on the game..
  • jennanassy
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the machine keeps track of your burned calories for you?!?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    It should tell you how many calories that you burned on your chart for the day.
  • gpiller
    Options
    Hi there,..we have the Wii fit plus and it tells how many calories you burn during the exercises. I know my husband do the step ups for 30 minutes and it tells him he burned 152 calories,..mind you that's an estimate because it doesn't take in account how fast your going,..but it's 152 calories every time. As for the running...I know when I do the short basic run I burn 11 calories and the short hula hoop one is like 6 calories I think. Hope this helps a little,..as for logging your exercise I have no idea.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I do the Wii Fit Rhythm Boxing on Advanced and that seems to burn the most calories per minute. I think it is 47 calories burned in 6 minutes.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Invest in an HRM & it will take the guess work out of everything! The HRM tends to be much higher than what the Wii tells you, which is great!
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yeah get a hrm for sure. i just did rythem boxing, running, super hoola hoop and then some normal boxing for 60 mins and did 619 calories according to my HRM.
  • afoxchic195
    Options
    Dumb question but what is an HRM? Also where do I get one?
  • JuliaN
    JuliaN Posts: 3
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" 181 pounds and if I do the WII FIt step for 30 minutes at the fastest pace I have a hard time burning 100 calories. That is wearing my HRM.
  • afoxchic195
    Options
    Thank you, after I thought about it I figured it out. I knew it was a dumb question lol!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thank you, after I thought about it I figured it out. I knew it was a dumb question lol!

There are No dumb questions! :flowerforyou:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anyone recommend their HRM? In the market.
    thanks!
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have the polar f6 and love it!
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have polar f7 love it!