How do I get rid of upper back fat?

Options
Hi I'm getting married in December and have a strapless dress. Anyone got any suggestions for exercises I can do to make sure I don't have back fat overhang at the top of my dress? Was thinking maybe kettle bells? Thanks

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You cannot specifically target one area for fat loss

A a general weight loss tool, kettle bells are awesome though.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When you find out, let me know! It seems to be the hardest place to get rid of the "overhang"! LOL
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do seated rows, and make sure you clench your shoulder blades as far together as possible when doing so, and then compliment that with a shoulder work out.

Other than that, you can't really target certain areas of fat, your body loses it relative to everything else.

So, seated rows, and shoulder workouts, you should be sorted and looking better in no time =]
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Rowing exercises help!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    When you find out, let me know! It seems to be the hardest place to get rid of the "overhang"! LOL
    Me too!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Seriously when weight loss it self won't suffice, tone up the area at the same time with a bit of extra muscle and some strength training for sculpting =]

And get in to the habit of doing back extensions, it's an excersize where you lie down on your stomach and arch the top half of your body up as far as you can go, then back down, and repeat (works your mid/lower back) and then seated rows to help upper back
  • MGoodElite9
    MGoodElite9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you cannot target any specific area for fat loss. You can, however, start a cutting diet to help improve or elimiate the problem. By the time you cut down on the upper back region, you will likely notice that you have lost BF around your neck, face, arms waist, legs etc. The key is going to be limiting your total calorie intake and eating a high protein, and limited complex carb diet consistently.
  • sazloufox
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I use the rowers at my gym already so I'll bump them up a bit and just carry on exercising as much as poss and dieting :-)