Need Idea for nite time snack???

Options
I always stay in my calorie goal. I do not eat the exercise calories. I enjoy a evening snack but, I need some new Ideas. I am sick of fruit and sugar free popsicles. I do eat low fat graham crackers but that is just carbs! Any ideas??? Peanut butter is to high in calories too. What does everyone else eat for a snack?

Replies

• lucylou9701
    Options
    almonds, pretzels, lentil chips, (as you can tell i am a salt/crunchy lover)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake?

I'll often have half a pint (250ml or so) late.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    1% cottage cheese is my most frequent late night snack. Nice little dose of protein to carry you through the night.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    nonfat yogurt (can freeze in popsicle makers too... yum!) an apple or grapes with extra sharp cheddar..... (but fruit... I know)..... carrot sticks for the crunch factor.... how many calories are you going for typically?
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I go with a cup of sugar free/fat free jello pudding (usually chocolate). It's low cal (especially when made w/skim milk), and the dairy helps me relax before bedtime.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I have a frozen greek yogurt. Healthy Choice has one and I think Chobani. They're pretty good.,
  • cindybindyboo
    Options
    I drink tea
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Vanilla casein protein shake with frozen fruit and water to desired thickness. Or just the protein with water and a piece of fruit. Depending on what your calorie limit is that is as low as 150 but up to 250 calories.
  • swannie6589
    Options
    i normally have a 100 calorie snack or skinny cow ice cream sandwich or ice cream cup
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and 100 calorie pack of natural almonds
    cheese stick and grapes
    boiled eggs and toast with no butter
    cucumber, tomato, and mozzarella salad
    avocados
    protein shake
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    How about some, raw zucchini, cauliflower, cucumbers? Tomatoes, For me its pretty much anything outta the garden. So disappointed about apricots being out of season. Any fresh fruit or veggie will be great. Dont be afraid to try new things. That is how I have found out I love so many raw veggies. I dont use salt or dressing or anything.. soo good luck.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    island way lemon sorbet, low calorie and so good. theres lots of ice cream treats that are low cal, when i want salty I like the chester cheetah cheese popcorn
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Sweet - Sugarfree Pudding, A few spoonfuls of Avocado mixed/mashed well with Vanilla protein powder ( its YUM!!!), Cinnamon/Splenda drizzled over some high fiber crackers.

Salty - high fiber crackers or Tortilla . I found OLE Wellness Xtreme low carb high fiber tortillas in Walmart...they are 12g fiber!! and only 5 net carbs!!..toast a bunch and then when cooled, baggie them and use as chips to dip into Hummus, Greek Yogurt Raita ( which is GY mixed with a pinch of cumin powder, onion powder, salt and chopped cucumbers - stuck in the fridge to cool)...Yummy dip!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    plain greek your with a few cho chips in it. Delicious and satisfying.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    V8 juice, pickles, salsa w corn chips,wheat thin crisps, rice cakes,
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just ate an apple with 1.5 teaspoons of peanutbutter. It was only about 120 calories and a great snack.
  • purplehorizon
    purplehorizon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll slice an apple and sprinkle a little bit of splenda brown sugar on and bake for about 15-20 minutes. If I don't have the time for that or I'm too hungry, then I might eat an apple sliced with some peanut butter, or a bit of yogurt, sugar free fudge bar or sherbet. In winter, I make the sugar free hot cocoa.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    100 calorie microwave bags of popcorn. I like Newman's Natural 100 calorie bags.
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A Healthy Choice Fudge Bar. Very satisfying with 5 grams of fiber, only 100 calories.
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips! There are several different flavors, my favorite being the sea salt. They also have cheddar and sour cream and onion. They are 30 cracker chips for 110 for the Sea Salt and 27 chips for 110 on the flavored ones. They are good with low cal dip or salsa too