I'm hungry...but I'm not

Options
I'm not sure I'm going to make much sense, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. Does anyone ever feel hungry but not really? I normally get "hungry" later at night, but I'm really not hungry. Sounds confusing I know, but it's like I'm hungry because that's when I'm used to snacking or having that late night bowl of cereal or whatever, and now that I don't have that "4th meal" it's like my body is saying "hey..ummm...aren't you missing something?" I can grab something like a boiled egg or a yogurt and I feel stuffed.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is this something that will pass? It's actually kind of annoying.

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I know that voice. You are bored. Get up and do something. Go take a walk. I always feel like that when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv and I'm thinking...hmmm "what to eat, what to eat" so instead I go do something to get my mind off of food.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    This is very familiar. If you Google 'toxic hunger Dr fuhrman' you can find a really good explanation. It's basically your body decoding after digestion is complete.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry around 9pm every evening. Most night I manage to ignore it. Having another glass of water as we speak! Cheers!