Why am i losing no weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Okay. No help, just people arguing.

imagine that. a useless post turning into noise.
  • emmiller23
    Options
    Really?!! Hot pockets, cake, Doritos - Nacho Cheese Chips, Gumdrops, Little Caesar Pizza!! And you wonder why you are not losing weight? Get a clue.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Many people have given constructive advice.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    How old are you btw???
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Many people have given constructive advice.

Exactly. But, it's probably stuff they don't want to hear.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I found when I came to this site and started weighing and measuring and logging every thing I ate I started making better food choices. I also stopped snacking while making my food, I.e. eating two or three slices of salami while making a sandwich. It is not an easy change but itdefinately helps. It is about change and change is hard. Good luck and feel free to add me if you would like.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Okay. A lot of help.

I'm going to be blunt here: what on earth did you expect? You don't log, the food you DO log is crap, you don't seem to have any goals here and therefore you're coming off as not even remotely serious about changing your habits and starting a healthy lifestyle. I *never* thought I'd be one of those people that logged food, but it's helped me figure out what I need to do to not only loose my excess weight, but maintain my goal weight once I get there.

I'm going to have to agree with ^^THIS^^. You're wondering why you aren't losing weight? You say you are following some obscure "plan"? When you finally open you're diary it's not even complete.

If you're not going to do the work, we can't do it for you. Did you want sympathy or practical advice? Here is the best advice: Start taking responsibility for yourself. I'm fat because I chose to NOT eat correctly and NOT exercise. I got fat BECAUSE OF ME. I will stay fat BECAUSE OF ME. No one else. Suck it up, Do the Work, Get it done.
    0145528 Posts: 25
    Options
    Something to consider is that some items you have logged are generic, and the serving size could be objective. What may seem like half a slice to one, may be considerably more to another.

A few things that have helped me a lot, that may help you too.

1) Get a food scale and pay close attention to serving sizes and their weights.
    2) It sounds like you have a sweet tooth like I do. Something that has worked well for me is swapping to dried fruit, and I eat it in the mornings as part of breakfast. Doing this doesn't completely kill the craving for highly processed sweets, but it does help. Mind how much you take in still though. If I have a mid-day craving, I drink a glass a water and wait 10 minutes then see if I still want it.
    3) Make yourself drink the water you need. Don't drink a gallon in one sitting or anything, but it's important.
    4) Log everything, every day. It's important to see where you're spending the bulk of your calories and work to improve the quality of what you're eating. The journal isn't going to mock you, it's a tool to identify where you have room for changes, and can be a huge catalyst toward the change you seek.
    5) Get up and move, you won't miss 30 minutes a day, you wouldn't miss an hour a day, but crawl before walking and all that.
    6) Stick with it, if you feel discouraged, there are people here that will support you.
    7) Give yourself a break occasionally, being always on will drive you crazy and make things harder. Reward a milestone with a special treat, but get back to it afterwards.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options

People will help you, if you are really working the program (logging faithfully, since the whole site is based on calorie counting) and if you ask questions that show some interest in learning and commitment.

Lots of people NEVER get educated about what to put in their bodies. Basically:

Processed food - including Hot Pockets, most frozen stuff intended for a microwave, stuff made with lots of sugar and fat - is not loaded with nutrients (to put it mildly). If you eat little enough you will lose weight but your health will suffer and you may feel lousy in time.

Vegetables, lean meats (if you eat meat), whole grains - are (among other things) - and no one here is an angel, everyone eats crap sometimes. But generally it's about learning how to eat better and to lose weight. Which means:

1) You have to measure things, read packages, weigh stuff (well, OK, I don't weigh stuff but I read packages like crazy)

2) For us to help you we need to know what you're eating, how old you are, what your weight is, what your goals are, how much you exercise and what you do, etc....well, to be honest we don't need to know any of these things but you do, and some of this info needs to get put into MFP. This is about a whole program balancing diet, exercise, and a heck of a lot of commitment.

You might want to search for people with open diaries to get ideas - or come back and tell us some more about yourself and ask other questions -

Good luck!
  • betterplayer
    Options
    I said the previous posts were like that
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's not just about calories/fat/exercise. It's also about getting all your nutrients. You know how if you don't eat anything (or eat too little) for a couple days your body can go into "starvation mode"? Well, even if you are ingesting plenty of calories, if you aren't getting most of your vitamins or minerals, then I believe your body can hang onto calories as if it WERE in starvation mode. You can have glandular problems and metabolism issues from not getting certain nutrients.

Make sure you are tracking your vitamin/mineral intake rather than just your calories. You'll find that processed food (like Hot Pockets) doesn't offer much nutrients. (Not to mention the lack of fiber!)

It's amazing what switching your food sources can do for your skin, hair, nails and the rest of your body (think cellulite)! If you switch out one Hot Pocket for a salad full of dark, leafy greens, beans or nuts, some fresh herbs, and meat, etc., if you like, you will find that you can eat much bigger portions for the same amount of calories the Hot Pocket was offering you before. Your body will look better, function better, and you will stay full much longer!

Just remember that minerals (like potassium, iron, and so on) and your vitamins are very important in looking better/feeling better and in supporting functions like your metabolism. You will have more energy to exercise, too!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    OP I agree you're not getting a lot of advice but look at it from others perspective. You come in and say you're following the program and haven't lost weight. But when you open your diary you've got nothing in there. You're not following the program.

I disagree with the 'you must only eat clean!' people but you NEED to log. If you don't you're not following MFP. You need to log the same day. Do that for a week and you might see changes.

From your ticker you don't have a lot to lose so it's going to be harder. You might need to change your eating habits. Do you drink water/exercise? What is your current height and weight?
  • betterplayer
    Options
    OP I agree you're not getting a lot of advice but look at it from others perspective. You come in and say you're following the program and haven't lost weight. But when you open your diary you've got nothing in there. You're not following the program.

I disagree with the 'you must only eat clean!' people but you NEED to log. If you don't you're not following MFP. You need to log the same day. Do that for a week and you might see changes.

From your ticker you don't have a lot to lose so it's going to be harder. You might need to change your eating habits. Do you drink water/exercise? What is your current height and weight?
    5 ft 0 in.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The OP might be VERY new to all of this; no need to be nasty. To the OP: it's only been 3 weeks, clean up your eating habits (more fresh food) and you will see changes soon. I don't think you have to eat totally clean but it does help. Good luck and keep going!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    are you cutting your cals from your daily limit?
    cutting pop/soda?
    drinking lots of water...
    eating small every two to three hrs?
    STAY POSITIVE & REALIZING THIS IS A PROCESS?.......

Hope this helps...

- J.C.

:)
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i'm looking at your log for today and you've only eaten three things (plus two drinks) but managed to take in over 1000 calories. your food choices are poor. you need to eat MORE food, and healthy food at that. adding lots of fruits and vegetables as others have said, would be a good start.
  • betterplayer
    Options
    The OP might be VERY new to all of this; no need to be nasty. To the OP: it's only been 3 weeks, clean up your eating habits (more fresh food) and you will see changes soon. I don't think you have to eat totally clean but it does help. Good luck and keep going!
    actually as of today its 32 days.
  • betterplayer
    Options
    Bump.