Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• hollyinPR
    hollyinPR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you as a friend b/c I very much agree with your approach. After every 'diet' and 'trick' out there that I've tried (low-fast, high protein, low carb, yada, yada, yada) I've learned that they real way to true change, true health and lasting change is eating clean, eating as natural as possible, and not giving in to the gimmicks. It's working for me!
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    All I eat is the real deal, but I do use skim milk rather than whole. Other than that, no fads, no unusual diets, just all natural good for me food. I'm a good size and only gain weight after pregnancy and/or if I enjoy too much food. I do try to limit my sodium and sugar, and I avoid processed food for the most part. And I don't add a lot of butter or fats to my food.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like, but be warned: i cook almost everything from scratch. so my diary is a bit wacky to look at. i like to eat good, healthy (what some people call "hippie") food. i also have a potato chip & soda problem, but I'm working on it.
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds eating only real food (in moderation)

I won't touch fats that aren't natural, so I cook with butter or olive oil.

I also avoid GMO foods, canola, soy and corn.

You couldn't pay me to put artificial sweeteners in my body.

My philosophy is that the more highly processed and/or artificial something is, the less likely our body is to be able to break it down properly.

It's only been in recent generations that obesity and diabetes has become an epidemic.

Back when I was in grade school, a fat kid was a very rare exception, now they are in the majority.

Look at what our grandparents ate... bacon, eggs, butter, whole milk, meat, fruits, veggies, whole grains.

So what has changed?

our activity level and the food...

People spend their time in front of the computer, TV or video games, take elevators and escalators and drive their car to go only a few blocks when they could easily walk.

Food is chemical laden, highly processed and filled with disgusting things like High Fructose Corn Syrup and genetically modified "frankenfoods".

I have started eating frozen yogurt (the real stuff with live active cultures) with fresh fruit instead of ice cream; but if I want ice cream I have it, in moderation and make sure to adjust my calories and/or get more exercise to offset it.
  • ladydragon1951
    ladydragon1951 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you "real" food is the way to go. Real butter, sugar, olive oil etc. just in moderation. My husband and I share the cooking which is great. In fact he just started a large slow cooker meal for tomorrow, all fresh veggies, potatoes and a small piece of beef. Boy does it smell good already. We eat a lot of chicken sauted with peppers, onions, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Try it you'll love it. Have it with cottage cheese or put it in a tortilla. Very little, if any, processed food in this house.
    Add me to your friend list if you like. I would love new recipes. Thanks.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Anyone interested in real food dieting can add me. I've been slowly moving toward this for years, and recently quit aspartame and FF/LF foods achieved via chemical means. I love cooking, and often post recipes. I would love to share and receive recipes, tips, and advice!
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets, I eat real food everyday and lots of it
  • misscarissak
    Options
    That's me. I'm ashamed of my diary half the time, but I eat like a 10-year-old left home alone for the first time. 37 pounds down though, despite myself!

Just have to say I love this! It's so me too ...! :blushing:
  • marthathebear
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I only eat real foods. I figure that is the only way I can stay with it.
  • metre30
    metre30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love this topic. This is how I eat too! Feel free to add me as a friend anyone...my friend list is a little sad LOL
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    That's me. I'm ashamed of my diary half the time, but I eat like a 10-year-old left home alone for the first time. 37 pounds down though, despite myself!

Just have to say I love this! It's so me too ...! :blushing:

Me too! Lol
  • Chicagogrey
    Options
    I'm losing (slowly, but surely), and not touching diet food! I eat real butter, egg whites AND yolks, 2% milk, dark chocolate, bread, and drink wine. In moderation, now that I've found MFP! If all of Paris can live healthfully on real food, I figure I can too. :)

One major change I've noticed is that I am now a total junk food snob -- I'll buy myself a godiva truffle rather than eat a pack of M&Ms! And I'll eat a slice of fresh french bread, but avoid the wonderbread stuff. I think I'd be losing more quickly if I were "dieting", but because this change is for life, I'm very content with my progress so far (app. .5lb/week)

Anyhoo, feel free to add me too!
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am not dieting. I am living a new lifestyle, and yes, it contains real fresh food. However long of life I have, I am not going to waste it eating or drinking artificial colors and flavors.
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I do the same thing. Butter and sugar are in its natural form. I don't use sugar much, but when I do, I dont substitute unless it is honey. It can be done!
  • martuo
    martuo Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been very half hearted about losing weight until now. Like you, I think real food is the only way to eat so will be trying to eat sensibly and getting in as much exercise as possible. My biggest downfall is eating "rubbish" - sweets and crisps - so hopefully cutting these out wll show results. Definitely not a fan of shakes, low fat or diet foods.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to discover this thread. I'm a coeliac and really struggling with vitamin levels because I have malabsorption, only got diagnosed 8 months ago and it takes around 2 years they say for the gut to heal. Every time I cut calories my nutrient levels go down and I get tired and lethargic. I'm sick of the health rollercoaster so I've decided to quit the low fat and low cal and do real food. There is a lot of junk out there in the gluten free food market - I'm going to experiment with making my own GF bread instead of the crap-loaded stuff on the shelves. And put real butter on it!

I lived in France and Spain for a year when I was 21, and I was slim, healthy and had bags of energy despite living on baguettes, Spanish tortilla, cheese, and wine. But the portions weren't crazy and you always got lots of salad and veggies. Meals took a long time, were very communal, and they didn't go in for dessert much, more likely to be fresh fruit and local cheese. And I walked everywhere, Paris is not a city where you want to own a car. I never ever felt as if I was on a diet. I just didn't overeat because it's hard to overeat that kind of food - there is plenty of protein, fibre and good fat in the form of olive oil, so you feel full in a way you don't on diet or junk food.
  • MeEthel
    MeEthel Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't eat plastic or styrofoam.
  • cmccray11408
    Options
    Hello my name is Cherice and I am new to this site. I have knocked off 30 lbs thus far by eating real butter, complex carbs and lean meats. I love to bake banana muffins filled with wheat germ and whole wheat flour. I simply cut back on my portion size but I do not believe in low fat anything.
  • jenjennyjennifer77
    Options
    Agree 100% Real food all the way. For me it is all about portion control, not what I'm eating. Add me if you would like.
  • MackLaura
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs since August 3rd eating real food. Anyone feel free to add me!