How often do you....

Options
2»

Replies

• Susan0816
    Susan0816 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I spend between $200 - $500 a month for 2 of us. When son is home then it is closer to $500. I buy in bulk @ Costco and shop once a week for junk food for hubby and fresh produce. When we go into a store the first and last place we check is the mark down meat section then produce isle.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to spend around $400-$500 a month. Now I eat less, and waste less, and shop more, going once a week or so and spending around $40 each time. :)
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow! Is all I can say...

We spend about $1300/month in Toronto Canada and we don't waste it on anything. No crap food, no expensive organics, not very much meat.

I go shopping every week and usually spend about $300 per week plus a monthly trip to wal-mart for a couple of things..

That's for two adults and a six year old and a two year old.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Food definitely costs more in Canada! We pay more for eveeryyyyyyyyything! *sigh*
  • iceprincess69
    Options
    it's me and 3 kids in my home it seems the more i try to change our diet to eating healthier the more i spend. I spend about $400 a month. like i said shopping at the healthier stores is a bit more expensive. i have recently decided to try my green thumb and attempts to plant a couple of fruit trees and herbs to save money. hopefully they grow.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We are a family of three. We eat high quality food. Make decent meals using good recipes. And we easily spend $600/mo on food.

That's a lot. But my health is worth it.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I go every few days so I always have fresh produce around. I shop the farmer's markets at this time of year, which brings the grocery bill down quite a bit, but in general we spend $75-$80 weekly on food. This number excludes things like laundry detergent and cat food. We have two big-eater adults and a 13 year old boy.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    every week Plus trips 5 people around 1000 including protein bars and shakes. Lots of lean meats produce and bottled water.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Family of five, but my girls are 4, 2, and 10mos.

We spend about $800/month. We do about 70% organic produce, all organic dairy and eggs, but we just cannot afford organic meat

:grumble:

ETA: This does NOT include diapers or cleaning products. This is food/shakes only.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't think that $300 is outrageous for 2 people for a whole month, my boyfriend and I spend about that much every month.
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    $400-$500 a month for a family of 3 (soon to be 4). I have found that we must shop about twice a week if we want to keep fresh fruits and veggies in the house without letting some of them go bad.
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    I spend $400/month. Its me, my toddler daughter, and occationally my older brother. I shop every week or week and a half.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i try to stay under 100 a week, and i buy as i go along. i never have an actual big shopping day where i do it all at once
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I spent about $500 a month for 5 people
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I shop usually about 3 times a month and spend around $250 a month for 2 adults. I buy produce really cheap from a ranch market and farmers markets and buy pastured meats and eggs as much as possible