When did you buy new clothes?

Options
13»

Replies

• tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 14/16 to a 6/8....I have taken some things in, bought a few things new a clearance, gotten hand me downs, and thrifted or bought at yard sales. I had to start buying new things after I lost like 20-30.
  • jasha13
    jasha13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Gently used clothes. Try platos closet or goodwill. Also, dresses and skirts
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Gently used clothes. Try platos closet or goodwill. Also, dresses and skirts

Agree with the dresses for sure! You can get more wear from them and they are super easy to take in...not to mention you can wear them through many seasons.
  • Alicia92860
    Alicia92860 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need to buy clothes most of my pants fall down. I need to break down buy some new clothes and a belt... LOL
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't want to buy new clothes until I'm down 30 pounds (so 150). Plus it's going to get chilly by then (I live in canada, it gets cold) so people won't be able to notice too well. Plus from being big I managed to fit into L or XL to make my shirts baggy so I don't have many good fitting shirts to compare!
  • sugarfreecandy
    Options
    I just thought about this very issue this weekend as I was window shopping. I barely ever go into retail stores anymore, but there are some cute trendy things that I wanted to buy to update my wardrobe, but I was debating this very issue in my head. I'm been a huge thrift store girl for the past few years, so I'm all for that.

Also, you might want to consider getting some of your favorite clothes, best quality or your work clothes tailored down to fit you now. Honestly, that is what I plan to do. I've found so many fabulous vintage/one of a kind things over the years and there is no way I'm giving them up if I don't have to. My absolute fave is a vintage wool dress from the 60s that looks straight out of Mad Men. I don't care what size I end up at, that dress is coming with me.

I do not recommend keeping any clothes that are too big that you do not intend to tailor down because, honestly, you don't want to be there again, so even keep the option open? It's kind of funny even thinking about this, because, in the past, people would have gone to the tailor before heading to the department store. Ahhh...the culture of consumption. Isn't that how many of us ended up here in the first place? :wink:
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Like many have said, I bought new clothes when I my old ones were in danger of falling off. I could easily slide my size 16 jeans off without unbuttoning them or even wiggling. I was constantly pulling them up, even with a belt on. That's when I tentatively tried on a pair of size 12s from my "too small" stash and was delighted that they fit. I was due for some nicer work clothes anyway, so I bought a a few extra jeans and shorts at size 12 and then splurged on some skirts and tops that were on sale. I still wear some of my old tops because they fit better now actually. People that only see me once every few months have noticed (like my dentist). Most people who I see every day haven't commented on my weight loss, but they have liked my clothes. :)

I donated all the pants and shorts that were too big. The next time I need new stuff, I might get some from a thrift store, as the one near us actually has some really good quality stuff. But for this first round, I did treat myself to some truly new (on sale) items.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!