What is your routine after your workout?

Options
124»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    During the week I workout at home right after work. Then I have a big glass of water, open a bottle of wine to let it breath and sit on the porch with my husband for a bit. After a fit, I pour a glass of wine to enjoy before/while fixing dinner.

On the weekends it varies based on what time and type of workout.
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I workout at home after I get home from work, so I do my workout, which is usually about an hour long. I then eat some protein, like a few slices of turkey, or a couple of whole wheat crackers with some peanut butter, more water, and then jump in the shower. Then I make dinner and get on with my evening. Sometimes I'll do a few laps around my block after dinner.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Take care of the kids. If I'm lucky and have time, I'll take a shower. Otherwise, I'm cooking, cleaning and/or regulating the house till I can hop in the shower.
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Foam roll, hot tub, sauna, cold pool, shower, and then feast lol
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    On bike days: shower immediately after I'm done before I eat dinner.

On lifting days: eat immediately after I'm done before I shower. I am always ravenous after I lift, but not as hungry after I bike.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Soon as I finish I get my shaker cup and drink my protein. Then I walk home, usually takes about 40 minutes.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    chronic.

:smokin: :wink:
  • PsychoClown
    PsychoClown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stretch and cool down, shower, then on with my day. Oh yah, and drink lots of water.
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day/workout:

Mon-Wed: Cardio/weights: My gym is 45 min from home so I drink 8 oz of low fat chocolate milk right after (carb and protein replenish) followed by 16 oz of water. I drink those on the drive home. Then it's usually a shower, and a good dinner (I workout in the afternoon after work). Then a short yoga stretch in the evening before bed.

Thur-Sat: Belly Dance practice or class--water, tons of stretching, and a chocolate banana smoothie to folllow. Bigger meal later.

**If it's an intensive (like a 2-4 hour workshop), then I carry more food obviously, but this is just my typical weekly hour long practice.

Sun: Long (40 min to 60 min) vinyasa flow workout (usually in a warm living room)--tons and tons of water. A warm bath with epsom salt (helps flush out toxins along with the water). Usually follow up with something light, like a cucumber salad, watermelon, or something that has a lot of water in it, and then have a light meal later.