oh no-----hit a plateau this week

Options
I have lost 15 lbs and now I am at a plateau........how do you deal with the fustration???

Replies

• leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    I have lost 15 lbs and now I am at a plateau........how do you deal with the fustration???
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Don't quit!! We won't let you. It's not really a plateau after one week. Your body is getting used to what you are doing with nutrition and food so you need to spice it up. Try a new exercise/sport or kick up your current workout to a higher level. Try new foods and incorporate more veggies and fruit, don't forget fibre to keep you full.
  • atirnnap
    atirnnap Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Remember....weight loss is a life-long endeavor. Focus on your achievements and your ultimate goal. Hitting a plateau is a normal phase, don't get discouraged. A tip I heard in Weight Watchers...when you are at a plateau (no weight loss in 3+ weeks), increase your calorie intake for 1-2 weeks, then go back on the reduced calories. This is supposed to jump start your metabolism again.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It has to end eventually.....your body is just getting used to all the healthy things you are doing for it.:flowerforyou:
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks so much, I guess I just needed to hear it
  • Texas_Candy
    Texas_Candy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I have lost 14 lbs and hit a plateau for two weeks now. I joined this site after a friend told me about it. I still would like to lose 30 more so keep your chin up because you are not alone.

Hope to see you around,
    Candy
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You know what? I haven't lost a pound in TWO MONTHS. And I'm not upset at all because:
    1. I've upped my calories to something more sustainable for me. The 1200 net-calorie thing was great for two months but really - I like to eat a few hundred more than that and I feel much better when I do.
    2. I haven't gained any weight, either, which is good.
    3. I'm losing inches and people keep saying I look thinner despite my staying at 179/180 lbs since mid-March. I know I'm building muscle/losing fat and that's what it's all about.

It really is a lifelong journey. Sure, I'd love to be 10 pounds lighter, but I know that this will happen in time. Also - have you taken your measurements? I didn't until I was 3 months into MFP and I wish I had started at the beginning because that would have made me really see the non-scale progress I was making. I think you'd be amazed at how your body can change while the scale stays the same.

One more thing - if you're not doing strength training, try it. This is the KEY for me in terms of exercise. Cardio is great, but building muscle helps a lot.
    :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I know I go through that every now and then but usually only for a couple of weeks. Hang in there it will change.:flowerforyou: