Chances are you are a crappy driver

Options

Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I believe that every country should have the same driver training as Finland does. They have a mandatory 8-month driver training program where you're basically in school for 8 hours/day for all 8 months, learning how to handle every single freaking situation that you can possibly come across.

They even learn how to control a car while spinning out of control on a huge patch of ice. How many of you can do that? It's mandatory to do that in order to get your licence there.

Who has the time to do a class for 8 hours a day for 8 months? How are you supposed to live? People gotta eat and to eat ya gotta work.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I will make you all jealous. My commute takes 10 minutes tops. 2 miles gravel, 7 on a quiet 2 lane hwy, then one block into town(a town of about 500 population).
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    They even learn how to control a car while spinning out of control on a huge patch of ice. How many of you can do that?

I can! My dad made me take the dune buggy out on the ice and purposely skid out of control so I could get used to it. That was before I even got my license.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    They even learn how to control a car while spinning out of control on a huge patch of ice. How many of you can do that?

I can! My dad made me take the dune buggy out on the ice and purposely skid out of control so I could get used to it. That was before I even got my license.

I can't and I freely admit that... But I live in Texas where it ices over for maybe 2 days out of the entire year... maybe... then I either call in "sick" or I make my husband drive (as he has WAY more experience to winter driving than I do).
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    "What it's pouring rain and I can barely make out the tail lights of the guy in fromt of me? Ok i'll slow down to 70." -- says every Houstonian.

First guy slows to 70 and everyone behind him is pissed. No need for our trucks and SUV's to slow down in rain!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    **If you can't understand "keep LEFT unless actually in the act of passing somebody" Please turn-in your driver's license today. Just stop. Stop driving. Get a bike. Do whatever it takes. PACING the car to your right should be an instant revocation of a driver's license pending re-training in Germany, at your cost.

Move. The. Hell. Over.

**Okay...you're going 40mph in a 55 zone. When I pass you, why are you trying to punish me by flicking on your car's hi-beams?
    Let me remind you of a famous quote: "OH MAY GAWD! The guy I just passed flicked on his Hi-beams headlamps! I'm going to slow down, and get back behind him again." - No person, ever.

**If you are in the lane beside me, and both our lanes turn RIGHT...YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR **** in the immediate RIGHT lane of the road we're turning on to. Stop driftin' your POS into MY lane.

That is all. Carry on.

LMAO :) Yes... I meant keep RIGHT unless passing...I'm an idiot today :)

:D

:laugh: The anger had you CORNfused! :laugh:

Just checking. :bigsmile:
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    AND USE YOUR DIRECTIONAL!!!! :noway:

They are there for a reason.

IF YOU ARE TURNING THAN YOU USE THEM.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I live in the Western Highlands of Scotland - very rural and very beautiful. I get so sick of being stuck behind tourists going 40mph in a 60mph zone. I can understand that non-locals might not be as confident, but if you can't go over 40mph on a two-lane road, maybe you shouldn't be driving, period.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I can. I've been driving in Chicago winters since i was a teenager.

Kansas City here. Yep, I can drive on ice-covered roads, let alone dealing with a patch of ice, even know how to deal with black ice and hydroplaning. We get just about every kind of weather here, and we deal with it. I have to say that most of our drivers are good and pretty courteous. The exception are the ones from Johnson County, KS, when they come over to the Missouri side to KC, watch out!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I know I am a great driver, because people honk and wave their finger at me ALL the time. "I'm number one!'
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ***If your road rage is so bad you make a rant post about others driving on a public forum - chances are you are a crappy driver**
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I believe that every country should have the same driver training as Finland does. They have a mandatory 8-month driver training program where you're basically in school for 8 hours/day for all 8 months, learning how to handle every single freaking situation that you can possibly come across.

They even learn how to control a car while spinning out of control on a huge patch of ice. How many of you can do that? It's mandatory to do that in order to get your licence there.

Who has the time to do a class for 8 hours a day for 8 months? How are you supposed to live? People gotta eat and to eat ya gotta work.

They start when the kid is 14 or something. It's all paid for by the government.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Quick warning: Don't go over the speed limit (not even 1 mile) on an Indian Reservation. You WILL get a ticket.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lol, i speed up to avoid the idiots hanging side by side drifting over the line
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I can. I've been driving in Chicago winters since i was a teenager.

Kansas City here. Yep, I can drive on ice-covered roads, let alone dealing with a patch of ice, even know how to deal with black ice and hydroplaning. We get just about every kind of weather here, and we deal with it. I have to say that most of our drivers are good and pretty courteous. The exception are the ones from Johnson County, KS, when they come over to the Missouri side to KC, watch out!

I know there are a few people who can do it, but whenever the snow falls up here in Ontario, it's like no one knows how to drive again. The collisions we have are insane. I've even see someone slowly start spinning and just kept the gas on and didn't counter steer. It was a sad sight.

Oh, and she had AWD and winter tires. Didn't keep her out of the ditch. My buddy was driving a 2WD truck with tires that were almost bald. Just drove right around her without any issues.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You sure you're from Detroit? Sounds an awful lot like Houston.

ETA: meaning the shear amount of crappy drivers. Have to agree with the other Houstonians about the speed though (fast!). It's a more rare occurance to have a day without accidents than with.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the people that ride right next to another car to keep you from being able to pass them when they aren't even going the speed limit.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Try living in Asia :laugh:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I just love when the lanes narrow because of construction and people can't keep their cars in 1 lane. :indifferent:

I've been talked out of buying a bucket of golf balls to throw at people's cars many a time. :angry:
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    May I suggest medication?

chill_pill.png

You know stress does not help with weight-loss...