Food intake?

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
I know I should be at least netting 1200 calories, but I have a question about it.. the only thing I don't get about eating more is...if I'm full...why force myself to eat more? I net around 1,000 calories..and I know I should probably net more...but I'm not hungry! So what do you do in that case?

& If we're encouraged to eat more, why are we commended for being under our calorie goal?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    When I first changed my diet and joined this site I also realized I wasn't eating enough. I just added in more snacks, peanut butter, string cheese, fruit, etc. I also made some of my portion sizes a bit larger to compensate to get up to my calorie goal.

You should definitely eat more. Ignoring all of the "starvation mode" garbage, it's simply easier to continue out your life eating MORE food than living on such small amounts. People tend to yo-yo diet it seems when they restrict too much because they just go crazy and hit a breaking point and just binge eat.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. Eating when not hungry was our problem to begin with.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. Eating when not hungry was our problem to begin with.
    That's what I was thinking! Like, you can look at my food diary from yesterday...I burned my 300 calories through exercise and ate what seemed like a lot to me...but I still only netted about 1000 calories!