Easy vegetarian recipes?

Options
Zyngry
Zyngry Posts: 3
Anyone have some easy vegetarian recipes?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Eye like read beans and rice. Sir Mix a lot likes them to.
  • Sera16
    Sera16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chickpea & Tomato Curry (serves 4)

1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric
    1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
    400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
    420g can chopped tomatoes*
    5cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
    fresh coriander, chopped (optional)

Step 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Fry until golden. Add spices and stir for 2 minutes.

Step 2 Add chickpeas. Coat in spices then add tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add ginger and stir well. Serve garnished with coriander (if using).

Energy: 650kJ.Calories: 155cal.Protein: 6g.Fat: 6g.- saturated: 1g.Carbohydrates: 20g.- sugars: 7g.Dietary Fibre: 6g.Sodium: 170mg.Calcium: 60mg.Iron: 2mg.

*I like to use Indian Style chopped tomatoes for a little added kick.
    *Serve with brown rice (express 2mins in the microwave makes for super easy meal)
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Eye like read beans and rice. Sir Mix a lot likes them to.

hey, knucklehead. hope you're not trying to diss, coz those beans are on my list!
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have found some wonderful recipes on Savvy Vegitarian. One of my favorites is Jamaican Red Bean Curry
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian Chickpea Teriyaki:

red onion
    pineapple or mango
    cilantro
    lime juice
    chickpeas (garbanzo beans) 1can (15 oz)
    1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I use east-west sweet ginger teriyaki, all natural ingredients)
    2 cups brown rice

1. start cooking rice
    2. then put then rinsed garbanzo beans and 1/2 cup teritaki sauce in a frying pan on low-medium, stir occasionally to coat the peas with the sauce, then while thats cooking go to step 3.
    3. Mix equal parts minced cilantro, minced red onion, minced pineapple or mango, (I used crushed pineapple from the can), and the lime juice.
    4. check on peas again the sauce should be nearly gone out of the pan.
    5. Layer rice, chickpeas and the salsa mix and Eat Up!! One of my fave vegan recipes!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i'm in the process of making a pea soup and an onion soup. i'll keep you posted
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, and I hate beans/tofu/anything gross (no offence to others) lentils are ok but I barely use them. So I have to substitute. Its hard.

Theres plenty I make.. Including home made pizzas on light wraps. Top with whatever you desire.

Quiche. Pretty versitile, I dont use pastry or cream. I either use skim milk, cottage cheese ect. Chuck in your favourite vegetables.

Pastas. I use wholemeal spaghetti and make (healthy as I can) mushroom carbonara. I also use pasta sauce, add my favourite vegetables. I also do spinach and ricotta canelloni, macaroni bakes, ect.

Omlettes. Pretty straight forward there, I sometimes add some two minute noodles in and fry them. Theyre delicious.

Sandwiches. Use salad vegetables, add curried eggs, use different sauces.

Make your own vege patties.

Savoury muffins and slices.

My diary is full of the stuff, add me if you want to take a look.
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Kale, Spinach, & Carrots

3 big carrots (quarted lenthwise and cut into 1/2" pieces)
    3 ears corn (corn removed from ears, or one can of corn)
    1 lbs kale
    2 cups water

steam carrots and corn for 5 minutes
    then add kale and steam for 5 more minutes