Embarrassing problem :/

Options
13»

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions..going to try them :smile:

Crazy thing is....it only started when I gave up smoking cigarettes??? :noway:

Been eating better for quite a while now :smile:
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My coworker always tells me to "bump" my butt. Like fist bump your butt cheeks. I think he's nuts.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fiber is your friend :)
  • abeachlady
    Options
    Magesium, a pill every other day works for me.
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Yoga is great for this, especially twisting moves. Be gentle on yourself if you've never done it before. Be gentle on yourself always for that matter! : ) Hope you feel better soon.
  • SickSkilz
    Options
    I had the same issue. Started eating 2 apples a day and get a lot of my fat through olive oil and the issue cleared up.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a long run. Works every time.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough fat, fat helps lubricate the digestive tract.

Don't fear the good fat!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My coworker always tells me to "bump" my butt. Like fist bump your butt cheeks. I think he's nuts.

Thank you for making me :laugh:
  • ketoonboard
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, grab some psyillium husk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks. You don't need a Trader Joe's to find it, it's just very convenient for me. Drink plenty of water and make sure you get your fiber. After a couple to a few days, the psyillium husk should be working and you should have a regular daily routine. At least that's how it worked for me.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Have you tried psyllium husks? They are good for either constipation or diarrhoea, strange though it sounds. Mix 1/2 a teaspoon with a pint of water, and glug it down straight away followed by another pint of water. It's important to glug the mixture down straight away and not leave it standing around otherwise it will turn to jelly.
  • bornofashes
    Options
    I know you think you've had enough fiber but I can almost assure you - you haven't.
    Get a supplement and eat roughage (spinach, lettuce, cucumber, whole-grain) with every meal. I went on a liquid diet, and had that exact issue - I ended up having to add a scoop of fiber supplement to every 20oz meal (4 x a day). It took about three/four days and then things began moving along again.

Most people don't drink nearly enough water... the calculation I get from most nutritionists is weight / 2 = ounces. So if you weigh 200lbs you should drink 100ounces of water a day minimum. Something that helped me was buying 1lt bottles of water and then converting the measurement to whatever. It makes it easier to break down "I need to drink 4 bottles" instead of "I need to drink XYZ liters/etc."
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options

that's normal - cigarettes get your ahem bowels moving. However I think a lot of people chew a lot of gum or similar when stopping which can also have the same affect so hides it.

Personally I find a tbsp of flaxseeds once or twice a day helps much better than over the counter stuff and are not as harsh on the system (i.e. don't cause stomach cramps).
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you also. And I guess it's the low low fat. Man, can't win. Need to eat fat to "lose" it, but can't eat fat or you'll gain it. Talk about running in circles.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's a common problem, due to sheer lack of the volume of food you're used to and less fat. get some good fats inside you - olive oil salad dressing or avocados for example - and a strong cup of coffee.

I find a hard run is sometimes the only thing that gets me going, so I have to include lots of public toilets on my route :blushing:

^^^THIS. It gets me going every time.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options

AHH HHAAAA!!!
    You naturally have nicotinic receptors in your body, and produce some nicotine... It is a very necessary chemical for your body. Smoking is a stimulant , and throws off your body's own production. When you quit , your body kinda forgets how to do things without that stimulant!
    Good for you on cutting back / quitting. be sure to get LOTS of green leafy stuff.. any way you can. You need the vitamins and minerals , and to cleanse. It give your insides the right chemical formula to get going again. Even then, like some have mentioned.. fiber is not always the key. Healthy fats and hydration will help!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This happens to me occasionally and when it does, I just take a detox and cleanse supplement for a few days and it cleans me right out and gets me back to a normal day to day schedule. Luckily I own a supplement store so it's a bit easier for me to get my hands on. It's all natural though so it's really legit and works great.