30 something pounds lost, no difference to fat belly

Options
Firstly, dont judge my pale belly! It's never seen the sun.

So this is a few months ago.
BELLYJUNE23.jpg?t=1345560427

And this is NOW. With about 30 pounds lost since the June picture.
BELLYAUGUST15.jpg?t=1345560459

Alright, so there's no difference in the way I look. And it's getting to me. I'm HALFWAY, and there's no difference. I eat within my goal and I'm fairly paleo. I also walk/jog and do the 30 day shred every day.

WHEN WILL MY BELLY GO AWAY?

Dear God, I just want to be rid of this stupid muffin top.

Replies

• valeriekey
    Options
    Have you done crunches, planks or anything? That focuses on your stomach muscles.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on your weight loss so far! Thirty pounds is no small feat! In terms of your workouts, are you changing them up? Maybe if you go for something more intense or different, that will help. And as the other poster says, planks! And pilates!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing. Perhaps add some pilates, or other core work. I would say it is coming - I find where ever on my body I want it gone first....ends up being the last place I lose. Don't give up - 30lbs is fantastic!!!!! Good job, be proud!!!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, my stomach is the last thing to go. It's slowly shrinking, but it has taken me longer to see more of a loss in my abs then anywhere else on my body. I lost inches with the 30 DS and loved it. I also incorporate more cardio, like Zumba and Hip Hop Abs to my weekly workouts to add more cardio since that really helps in losing the belly fat.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    1st congrats 30 pounds is awesome 2nd have you tried toning? foucsing on your abs,belly fat is stuborn and you have to work harder at it
  • treromano
    Options
    great weight loss! I agree you need to change up the workout and include planks and core
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Did you measure? Looks like you lost 2-3 inches to me.

Planks and core work are great, and it can tighten things up by a few inches, but it won't do anything for that sub-q fat. Just more diet.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look great, I see a big difference! Belly is always last to go, having that problem myself right now. Smaller pants fit, but I don't like my belly In them.
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that the first place you gained weight can be the last place you lose it from. Maybe you have other victories and this one is just slow to come? It has to happen though, it will! I agree with PP, change your routine, planks, pilates. Pilates has completely changed my body. I hadn't seen abs on me since I was a teenager & I got them back.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    they say that the place you store the most fat is the hardest and usually the last place youll lose it! i store all mine in my thighs and its always the last place to slim down.

keep doing what your doing and eventually your body will start attacking those fat stores in your tummy and you will see a differnce. dont give up x
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing. Perhaps add some pilates, or other core work. I would say it is coming - I find where ever on my body I want it gone first....ends up being the last place I lose. Don't give up - 30lbs is fantastic!!!!! Good job, be proud!!!

It's the last place I lose as well! Keep up the good work, you'll get there!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

This to the millionth power.
  • Karen98100
    Options
    Pilates is killer, makes my abs burn for a couple days.

I've read belly fat is the last to go. I've lost 20 lbs and my love handles and stomach pooch have shown to be a lot more stubborn than my lower body. Just continue with the hard work and it will pay off in the end.
  • beelive
    beelive Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!! You will find that the belly is the very last to go but keep at it and it WILL go.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I do see a small difference on your sides, not as much creasing there, it looks smoother. 30 pounds is amazing! My stomach is the last place weight has started to go for me too, but you'll get there =]
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My gunt is also as prolific as ever. I think I'm just shaped in such a way that it'll be the last thing to go and will require a *kitten* ton of work to do it.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, you don't really have a choice when it comes to where the fat loss comes from. I've lost a lot of weight in my waist, stomach and arms, but my legs have no budged since I started. Others suggested that you switch up your workout routine, I think that's a great idea. It "shocks" your body and will work out different muscle groups. I lift heavy three days a week and "try" to get cardio in two days a week. It seems to be working for me, but I still have to switch up my routine every few months or so.
    Best of luck.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    To me it does like a little smaller. Have you measured? Congrats on your accomplishments thus far.
  • michellebowman
    michellebowman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think the sides of your belly has gone down! Keep working at it and it will come off!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Notice the shape! It HAS changed.. I've got the same problem.. I've lost almost 40 lbs and WAS halfway to my goal.. and the only difference I could see was the shape changing a little.. I did adjust my goal after seeing pics of other girls my size.