***Help me please***

Options
Ok this is the deal, I know this is not weight related but, My friend and I have started organizing a function at work over the next 5 weeks we would like to have a week of fundraising somthing different weekly to help the people of Haiti. Now just so you know we work in a call center setting and have almost 200 employees so it should be no problem to raise money however we would like to put somthing together that would be fun for everyone to give motivation to give. Now so far we came up with 50/50 draw, and we are also having a secret valentine, were we have people buy carnations for someone specail, and the proceedings will go to the fundraising fund.
So basicly what im hoping you fine people could help me out with is maybe give me some suggestions in somthing fun we could do to raise money? any help or suggestions would be the best thanks so much all:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kmoyers
    kmoyers Posts: 18
    Options
    1. Penny Wars: If you have depts or just make teams. Set up a jar in the dept and that team fills it with pennies, but the other teams can put silver or green in it to take away from the amount of pennies collected. The team with the most money in PENNIES wins. This usually raises alot!

2. PJ day: To wear PJ's to work you have to pay a dollar, if everyone does it that is 200 bucks!!! And who doesnt want to wear PJ's to work.

3. Chili and Hot dog lunch: Have people donate and make and sell

4.Silent Auction: people can bring in items and bid on them.

5. Company Yard Sale: all money goes to charity

Good Luck, hope some of this helps
  • greenfairy
    Options
    Check out your local bowling alley. They usually block off times on the weekends for large groups. If it cost $8 per person, sell tickets for $15... this usually includes shoe rental, two games of bowling. Have people donate munchy food. Then do a balloon pop.. one for kids, one for adults. For kids, you can get prizes at the dollar store, for adults, have people/businesses donate gift certificates. This could easily make you $600 for the night... and it's fun!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Bake sales are always a winner cause its all profit if you have like 50 people bake something! Of course I know you won't be eating them but a lot will! :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • ace2009
    ace2009 Posts: 13
    Options
    I LOVE the penny war idea! I've never heard of this. Just wanted to add an idea to it : if you can find those jars that count the money as it goes in, it will give you a better guestimate of the total before you're stuck rolling pennies for 78 hours.
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1. Penny Wars: If you have depts or just make teams. Set up a jar in the dept and that team fills it with pennies, but the other teams can put silver or green in it to take away from the amount of pennies collected. The team with the most money in PENNIES wins. This usually raises alot!

2. PJ day: To wear PJ's to work you have to pay a dollar, if everyone does it that is 200 bucks!!! And who doesnt want to wear PJ's to work.

3. Chili and Hot dog lunch: Have people donate and make and sell

4.Silent Auction: people can bring in items and bid on them.

5. Company Yard Sale: all money goes to charity

Good Luck, hope some of this helps

Those are some really good suggestions!!
  • twilight_fan
    Options
    Thank you very much this is great ideas.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I too am a manager at a call centre, we are doing casual days until the 22nd throughout the company and anyone who wants to participate can donate $2 each day. If you think about it, if you have 300 people that's $600 in one day...and the government, at least the Canadian Government, will match any donations dollar for dollar, so that's $1200 a day. I hope this helps! :bigsmile:
  • DaviDaSilva
    DaviDaSilva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A really cool way to fundraise is to put on a Funfair type of event and charge for tickets and then raffle tickets, raffle off a service instead of an item. Approach a local business to see if they would like to sponsor.