New here, LOTS to lose, Looking for Healthy lifestyle!

Options
I heard about this site from a friend and decided to check it out. I need to lose over 100lbs! Its always been such a daunting task, but my husband & I decided this is the year to get healthy. i've had some success over the years with weight watchers, but this time I am trying to really do it right. We signed up at the YMCA on 1/1/10 and have been at least 4x a week for the last 2 weeks. I'm not setting a weight goal per se, just trying to make modifications in what/how/when I eat. I used to eat fast food for lunch at least 4 out of 5 days at work, and a couple times for dinner! This is the 1st week I have not eaten out for lunch or dinner in probably years! I am trying to just stay away from the junk and excersize and hopefully, the weight will come off over time. I want to be able to play on the playground with my toddler this summer!

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi there!! :) We have about the same amount to lose so I know how I feel. You will absolutely love this site! Everyone is wonderful and very supportive!

Good luck to you!

:flowerforyou:
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...you'll :heart: it here!
    Best of luck to you (and your husband) on your mission!!!
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so hard to change what our bodies accept as normal! Kell up the great work. Lots of support here on this site. I wish you tons of luck and happiness and of course health through your weightloss adventure! :flowerforyou:
  • greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job taking the first step! I've been on since the first week of December and have lost 24 pounds so far even through the holidays. I made the choice to change for my wife and my 20 month old son. My wife also uses MFP and we both love and challenge each other daily. My lifestyle change includes quitting dipping (2 cans a day) as well, 10 weeks tobacco free!

My best advice is don't set yourself up for failure...I still enjoy Chipotle every week (once) but I modify what I eat there - Nothing that is white (no rice, no shell, no sour cream, no cheese). And I still get the feeling that I am eating well but get to splurge on what I love every now and again. Modify the foods that you eat rather than eliminating everything all together, until your body can handle the change. However, I have not had my vice (Ice Cream) in six weeks; and I really don't miss it.

I still have over a 100 pounds to lose, but I will be running in my first 5k in October and I WILL be ready for it. We set goals for ourselves and thus far we've both achieved ALL of them. Also remember to change up your workouts as well so you don't get burned out on them from doing the same routine every day. It is said that it takes THREE weeks to develop a habit/routine, I fully agree with that because I look forward to working out and feel bad when I don't get a workout in.

Don't let stress beat you either...I just have 100% more job responsibilities added to me this week, due to an organizational change and I've not let that deter my food, my workouts, my sleep or my time with family - I'm just more creative with the time I have. The lifestyle change HAS to be priority #1 other than your family.

Good luck,
    Greg
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    So excited for you and your husband! You'll love this site - tons of support and valuable information. There are several of us out there who have 100+ pounds to lose (myself being one of them!) and so we can all support each other. Think of it as a lifestyle change that just HAPPENS to end up in weight loss, rather than a diet - it's so much better for your mindset. Welcome to MFP, and good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • Yellow4615
    Options
    You can Do it! This site has helped me because I am committed to input my food in the food section everyday! I love it when I exercise and can see the difference in my clothes. Stay consistent and you will see results! I joined this site 12/30/09, I have not missed a day of entry. It is paying off!

Carol
    Pikesville, Maryland
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You will love it here. I joined to stay on track during the holidays and I love the support AND the food and exercise diarys!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    welcome and good luck to all of you. Large amounts of weight to lose is daunting, I know, i am still trying to get there.. but it can be done as long as you know it will take awhile, and that sticking with it matters! time flies.. before you know it you will be healthy!
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, keep it coming!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started here at MFP on September 8, 2009 with about 120 pounds to lose. I've lost 46.2 pounds so far and now I have 74 to lose. While that number may seem overwhelming to some, 74 pounds to go is pure music to my ears! And just think, after I lose another 46 pounds, that number to go changes to 28! :wink:

There are people on MFP who have lost way over 100 pounds! I suggest going to the success stories thread and reading away. It's SO insprational!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!! :smile:

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter