+1.... I spit in your general direction, Diet Gods!

Options
124»

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    For the record, completely normal to speak in third person. I do it all the time and I'm normal *twitch*. :wink:

As for the rest of the post, awesome! I loved reading this!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Great Post and there is nothing wrong with speaking to yourself in the 3rd person... Bruce does it all the time.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love the Monty Python reference. Awesome.

Not to sound dumb, but what Monty Python reference? I have no idea!

I thought it was me....I don't have a clue either.

Scott, loved your post. It's a good reminder. I need to remember this when I'm getting let down by my scale.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I wish you hadn't mentioned barbecue!
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Fabulous post!! Please keep talking to yourself ... and to us.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this :) You are a good writer. I too, have issues with sodium ;) I guess I am a salt freak. Good for you for sticking with it :)
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nice! Too funny...:laugh:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

Scott, loved your post. It's a good reminder. I need to remember this when I'm getting let down by my scale.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the biggest British cult classics of all time. If you haven't watched it, go rent it.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love the post! Love the humour! Love your attitude!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Good for you to not take the pound seriously and to analyze your diary... and I had a good laugh reading your OP. :smile:
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Scott, thank you for the laugh and the reality check. I've been good about staying within my calories, but not cooking means my sodium consumption is much higher than it should be. I need to quit making excuses and start cooking!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great Post and there is nothing wrong with speaking to yourself in the 3rd person... Bruce does it all the time.

I see what you did there! :-)
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the biggest British cult classics of all time. If you haven't watched it, go rent it.

I've seen snippets, but never a whole show. I will definitely do that this weekend. Any suggestion what I should start with?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I think you're getting confused with Monty Python and the Flying Circus, which was the weekly comedy sketch. Monty Python and the Holy Grail was the BBC movie which aired in 1974. Monty Python had a few other movies including: And Now For Something Completely Different; Monty Python's Life of Brian; Monty Python's Live at the Hollywood Bowl; and Monty Python's The Meaning of LIfe.

Start with the Holy Grail. My other two favorites were The Meaning of Life and Life of Brian.
  • dinoring
    dinoring Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love this! I once had a psych professor in college who was asked by one of the students, "If you talk to yourself, does it mean you're crazy?" He replied, "Nope" The student said, "Then I guess it's only if you find yourself talking back..." He replied, "No, that's normal too! It's when you ask, 'Who said that?' that's concerning..."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!