I just bought a spaghetti squash. Ideas? Recipes?

Options
124»

Replies

• SMP151
    SMP151 Posts: 32
    Options
    DashingDish.com has an excellent recipe for a spaghetti bake! I loved it!
  • tjoyjohn
    tjoyjohn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I cooked this for the first time last night...I loved it! Looking forward to seeing more recipes.
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i just add pesto and toasted pine nuts and tiny amount of parm cheese.
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love this recipe

ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH ALFREDO
    3 lb. spaghetti squash
    1 tbsp. butter
    1/4 lb. Italian ham, cut in thin strips
    1 c. frozen peas
    1 c. heavy cream
    1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, divided
    Pepper to taste
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Bake, cut-side down, 45 minutes or until tender. Scrape squash out of shell and drain into colander.
    In large skillet, melt butter. Add ham and saute for 1 minute. Add peas and cook another minute. Add pepper and cream; cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes until cream thickens. Add cooked spaghetti squash; toss to blend. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and toss again. Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Makes 8 servings. 200 calories each.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump - I saw someone was looking for recipes and this post has TONS of them. Grin.
  • Inarific
    Inarific Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump
  • JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bumping this. making one tonight, interested to see how it comes out!
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add this. You can slow cook the spaghetti squash and have it ready for dinner when you get home:

(SLOW COOKER or CROCK-POT).
    Choose a smaller spaghetti squash (unless you have an extra large slow cooker) so that it will fit.
    Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker.
    Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer, add to Crock Pot, cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
    Once the squash is cooked, let it cool for 10 to 20 minutes so it will be easier to handle, before cutting in half (if it wasn't already) and removing the seeds. Pull a fork lengthwise through the flesh to separate it into long strands, (See photos.).

Also I posted a similar thread and got some great ideas a few weeks ago. Just search for spaghetti squash recipes in the forums.
  • TWINSICLE
    TWINSICLE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just baked it and added mrs dash table blend and steammed broccoli and spinach with cottage cheese on top