Small changes. (one month on MFP)

Options
When I joined MFP a month ago, I hated exercise, hated healthy food, and just wanted to 'lose those extra pounds' quickly before returning to my usual lifestyle of watching TV and eating cheesecake. Thankfully, this site has changed not only my body, but my perspective.

One month ago, I NEVER went to the gym. Now I go 5 times a week, and I LOVE it.
One month ago, I hated trying out new foods. Now, I've opened myself up to an array of new dishes (the recipes forum is great, by the way :P)
One month ago, I would have never felt confident enough to post what I am posting now.

I've lost 5 pounds, which isn't a huge amount, but I've worked my butt off for every single one of them, and I couldn't be more proud. I feel healthier and happier than I have in a long time, and I can't wait to continue on this journey.

14wfw2h.jpg

Replies

• avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great work, Girl! And the best part is you look like you have lost even more than 5lbs! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! :drinker: :happy:
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Good work hon! It always nice to kjnow you are doing better and eating healthier!
    Congrats on the five!

Heres to 5 more!
    :drinker:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What a difference 5 pounds makes! I'm in the same situation, finding myself loving every minute of exercise, and every challenge in creating new food.

Best of luck, stay strong :)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Both before and after
  • mournemaid
    mournemaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you may have lost only 5Lb but your shape has changed. I reckon you have lost inches. well done and thanks for posting. I need to lose weight for a function next month and you have inspired me :smile:
  • ELM1414
    ELM1414 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • kimthazme
    kimthazme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I've lost 5 pounds too. It's made a MUCH BIGGER than 5 POUND difference in the way I feel about myself!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Good job! And you're wrong, 5 pounds is good-it shows more on you than on me but it's still awesome :drinker:
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You should be proud for turning your way of thinking around like that! It certainly shows what a difference a month can make!!

Keep doing what you are doing and you will have SUCCESS in no time!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    you may have lost only 5Lb but your shape has changed. I reckon you have lost inches. well done and thanks for posting. I need to lose weight for a function next month and you have inspired me :smile:

Aww, thank you. You're right! I've lost about 1.5" off my hips, almost 2" off each thigh, and 1" off my waist. I tend to go by that more than the number on the scale, because I'm trying to tone up, too :)

I'm glad I could help someone! Everyone on this site is such a huge inspiration to me. I don't know if I could have done it without these forums.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have an amazing figure in both photos though. I lost 30lbs and no one notices but me lol
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That is a great five pounds!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    OWN IT GIRL! :) good job!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable how much of a difference 5 lbs can make...you look FIERCE!
  • bhbarros
    Options
    Great job! You have an amazing figure in both photos though. I lost 30lbs and no one notices but me lol

Aww, shucks. Thanks :blushing:
    30lbs is an amazing accomplishment! I do know how you feel though. At my highest weight, I was 135, and I lost 15 pounds over the course of the summer simply by restricting my diet (in other words, I was completely miserable) and NO ONE seemed to notice. Needless to say, that one didn't last long.

They probably don't notice because they see you quite often, and the changes are gradual. But they're DEFINITELY there :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! There is a huge difference in your body structure. Have you done any weight training, or just cardio.

And 5 lbs on a 120 lb frame is great for a month! You look awesome!
  • bhbarros
    Options
    AWESOME job! There is a huge difference in your body structure. Have you done any weight training, or just cardio.

Thanks :) I have done a bit of strength training, actually. After my first Zumba class, I was really surprised by just how weak I really was. I seriously could not walk comfortably for two days after that!
    Now I do weight training about 3-4x a week (pretty much every other day) for 30 minutes or so. I've stuck to doing mostly low-weight, high-repetition on the machines. I also started doing Pilates, which has noticeably strengthened my core and my legs.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options

Thanks :) I have done a bit of strength training, actually. After my first Zumba class, I was really surprised by just how weak I really was. I seriously could not walk comfortably for two days after that!
    Now I do weight training about 3-4x a week (pretty much every other day) for 30 minutes or so. I've stuck to doing mostly low-weight, high-repetition on the machines. I also started doing Pilates, which has noticeably strengthened my core and my legs.
    Don't be afraid of the bigger weights! It will tone and tighten you faster than small ones. Lots of gorgeous women on here have sculpted this way. Just don't go big before you're ready.
  • bhbarros
    Options

Don't be afraid of the bigger weights! It will tone and tighten you faster than small ones. Lots of gorgeous women on here have sculpted this way. Just don't go big before you're ready.

Yeah, I'm definitely working my way up to them! I'm more worried about injury than I am about bulking up. Before all of this, I was totally that weakling girl who couldn't open a bottle of Gatorade on her own. So, you know, baby steps. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!