I don't love you any more...

Options
katkins3
katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
Today I decided to have one last fling with an old love. I missed the thrill and thought I could go back once more. No one would know.

But my mouth felt greasy and my stomach felt queasy, it wasn't like what I remembered! Even the smell wasn't as appealing..
I don't love you any more...its over... no more chicken nachos...ever..you're just not as I had built up in my memory.
It's not just you either. Several old food loves have fallen over the past year on MFP. Foods that I relegated to the once in a while category were disappointing and sometimes disgusting when I tried them after not having them a while.

I'm going to go brush my teeth now.....

Replies

• FightGirl83
    Options
    Soda just does not taste the same. I was once addicted and under its spell. Now, it's flat an unnatural, disappointing and unfulfilling.
    Water is the winner.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Whew, I thought you were going to say beer.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's strange isn't it? I really think the "high" I used to get from these foods was all made up in my mind. I wonder if, like drugs, you don't ever get that first high again...or so I've heard, since I've never had street "drugs"

I had a coke on the weekend and couldn't get past the first sip. The sweetness was really gross. I had my husband try it and he said it tasted the same as usual, but for me, it was really metallic tasting.

I have new loves now, 90% chocolate melted in my mouth when I sip tea with it, Ezekiel bread and blueberries. But Bluberries have always been a love for me.