Net calories

Options
Im confused, there's loads of posts about this, but take a look at my food diary, Should i be consuming net calories of at least 1200? (I recently put my daily calories down to 1330 to 1480 so I dont go over that much!)
All this malarkey about not eating back your exercise calories seems ridiculous.

Replies

• racerscottw227
    Options
    Yes you should eat back your calories. If you go under 1,200 net calories your body may go into starvation mode and your metabolism may slow to a crawl. From other things I've read, you may also be more likely to injure yourself (because it will take longer to recover from exercise) if you drop too low.
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat back your calories. If you go under 1,200 net calories your body may go into starvation mode and your metabolism may slow to a crawl. From other things I've read, you may also be more likely to injure yourself (because it will take longer to recover from exercise) if you drop too low.

Not exactly. You should consume at least 1200 if you're not active, and at least 1500 if you're active. I don't eat back my calories. I lost 100+ pounds, and I rarely eat back my calories, even if it's in the negative. I also take multivitamins to cover up for the vitamins I did not fully achieve for the day.

At last, you should trust your own judgement. Not everything works for everyone.