My Biggest NSV. I actually cried in the store from joy!

Options

Replies

• jessmarvelous
    Options
    That actually made me cry a little. Congratulations! You should be proud!
  • blessedindeed
    blessedindeed Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV!!!!
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bit my lip and decided to go to Victoria's Secret last night to see if I could fit into their bras. I have never been able to buy one there. Backstory: I was a chunky child who developed early. In 5th grade I was wearing D cup. By the time I was in high school and cute bras mattered, unless I special ordered from an expensive specialty store, the options were white, tan, or black. I never had cute bras. I always envied the girls who could go anywhere and get these cute patterns with lace accents. Well, I officially fit into a 38DD down from a 48DDD. I proudly walked to the counter with a Bright purple bra adorned with rhinestones. I started tearing up and looked at my husband and he told me how proud he was for me to reach a goal on my " goals in life" list (yes this is a real official list)

I haven't felt prouder of myself until now.

If I can do it, you can to!

Being new to MFP I am still learning the language. Please can you tell me what NSV stands for as I keep seeing it and cannot work it out. Thanks :)
  • Gentlejazz2012
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a great feeling and accomplishment!
  • almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful accomplishment!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful support. You are all awesome! :) This has already made my day and more!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Being new to MFP I am still learning the language. Please can you tell me what NSV stands for as I keep seeing it and cannot work it out. Thanks :)

I know your pain; google works well for these issues. NSV = non-scale victory :)
  • JMorg180
    Options
    WTG!!! I can totally relate and am SO happy for you!!
  • crimsonkurls
    crimsonkurls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I am a 36 DDD and no matter what kind of weight I lose my band size is the ONLY thiing that goes down.It makes it so hard to buy bras(cute ones especially) and cute clothes too! Keep up the great work <3
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good For You! All of your hard work is paying off! Nicely done
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    That is pretty fantastic!!! That's one of my goals. I went with some friends a while ago to Victoria's Secret, and they were all looking at cute bra's and stuff and I felt so out of place. I LOVE their bra's, I want one so bad, but they do not carry one that actually FITS me right. I can't wait till I can walk in there and get my purple rhinestone bra. Way to go girl, that is a great success!
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW! Good for you! I am the opposite. Too small cup size and when I gain weight, my stomache gets big and I look pregnant. It's totally embarrassing to be asked when you are due, when you are almost 50 years old! So...thank you for your post, you give me hope that I can reach my goals too!
  • Megz0405
    Megz0405 Posts: 38
    Options
    I know you must have felt great!!!! I have similar kind of problems I wear a 36DDD sometimes 38DDD & I can't fit into all the cute frkn bras you see in the stores. So I stay wearing sport bras ALL THE TIME!!! I hate wearing regular bras because my boobs like huge & I don't like them all out everywhere!!! The few bras I do have are too small & my boobs bubble out of them. Its a lost cause for me!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have tears just reading your story!! Way to GO!!!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!! Im so excited for you, although I was a 38DD- now a 36DD, they never had pretty bras for big booby girls until the last few years at Victoria Secret, unless you ordered them, and you know well as I do that you HAVE TO try them on, cuts are funny on bras. But either way, you are fit just in time to rein with the rest of us. :bigsmile: I know you must have just about fell out, and your husband right by your side. Awsome story and very motivating to others. Hope we get to hear about your next NSV. You go girl and strutt your pretty purple bra- husband must be excited too, bras are like candy to them lol.
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can relate! Enjoy your sweet success! What a fantastic accomplishment!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I know the feeling and there isn't anything better in the world.... Except really great sex. That is all.
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Congratulations!!!! Rock that bra! :)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! congrats!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You're gonna make me 'tear up"; that is AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!