30 something pounds lost, no difference to fat belly

Options
13»

Replies

• josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 30 pounds. I can see a difference between the two pics.
  • 88Genesee
    88Genesee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 30 lbs lost!!! Actually, I see a difference. Keep up the good work.
  • ModernLeper
    Options
    Fat gain around the stomach (and upper back) tends to be caused by increased levels of the hormone cortisol, which is released when you are stressed.

There are loads of ways to reduce stress in your life, for example meditation, walking, reading and keeping a journal.
    Hopefully this should help!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and I hope you find a way to get the figure you want
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    First of all - I see a difference. You are being too hard on yourself!

And congratulations on losing 30 pounds! That's awesome!!

Just keep losing the weight. My belly took the longest out of all my body parts to lose the fat.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I do feel I can see a difference. It took many pounds before my belly flattened out. When I started (and I continue this) I nearly eliminated soda in any form from my diet and added fruit (to get more fiber) and never really ate it before. I've heard that both help and I've been successful, everyone is different though. Stick with it.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between the pics, but It's probably not as much as you want.
    I am a 5" 11" 40yo man. I was 250+, I'm now 217, and my face defintely has a jawline, and my face is now square instead of round...but I still have a decent gut. i also have fat on my butt and thighs. I am certain it will go away if i stick with my plan...
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I do take my measurements, its just a shame I dont seeee the difference.

And I shall start pilates soon!
  • danger08
    Options
    hi guys
    am new here, i was always slim and now after i had my baby 3 months ago am actually underweight but my stomach seems fat...my waist is 27 inches and hips 34 inches but my stomach just seems flabby. what should i do? i ave always loved running and swimming and i used to do it a lot before i was pregnant but now i dont have time or money to go to gym....and i have never really been doing any weights or some so i feel a bit lost and i dont really enjoyed them i prefer swimming or some king of cardio stuff but would that make my tummy go away?? help!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Belly is the last place fat disappears from one nearly everyone. Its the center of gravity. Its where the body holds fat stores to longest. Plus remember, your skin will probably be pretty loose around your stomach after losing weight. Loose skin can give the appearance of a "muffin top" when really its not fat at all.