Sweet Snack: A tiny, but valuable victory for me. :)

Options
Last night my boyfriend decided he was really craving a McDonalds Burger. I had already eaten dinner but still had several hundred calories "left over" so I was really jonesing for what he was eating. But instead of caving into the craving I fixed myself a sweet snack.

I sliced a banana into a bowl, added some fresh raspberries and then melted about 6 chocolate chips for dipping. Only 160 calories total.

It was tasty and I was satisfied. I was still eying his french fries because I LOOOVE salty food. But that was outweighed by how proud I was that for once in my life I didn't just give into my cravings and totally blow my diet.

More over, I had a mini epiphany. I realized I can still have a tasty dessert. But instead of eating 600 calories, I can eat 160. Dieting doesn't HAVE to be an exercise in self deprivation. But rather it's about learning moderation.

Replies

• lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Great job! Next time you're tempted, remember how good that felt.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Awesome, good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • eafrancis10
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!! Way to go and keep it up. I am fast food free for 2 weeks now and it feels great!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Thats awesome, i need ur willpower ive been terrible lately!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :happy: I hAVE BEEN FAST FOOD FREE FOR A YEAR NOW!!! WOOHOO!!!!
  • nurslisa
    nurslisa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You rock! It's the little victories that really add up! You go girl!

453753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    Congrats on your good choice!!!
  • bride2010
    Options
    That is great. I have been struggling today and that gave me some extra strength. Thanks for sharing.
  • nevertoolate
    Options
    Great story and a great reminder that it's the small choices that add up. I had a bad day yesterday, and your story helps! In my case, I need to remember to eat enough early in the day and not leave all my calories for evening. By that time, I was too hungry and totally lost control. I'm going to learn from my experience and make today a good one! I will wish the same for all of you!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Yes yes yes! You are so right! I can't deprive myself of sweet foods. It makes me seriously depressed. Learning to have small portions and healthier options like your dessert is key! Good job!!! :-D
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your dessert sounds really good and what a great trick. I'll have to melt choco chips as a dip for dessert when I'm craving chocolate. I have tried yogurt as a dip for fruit and that is also really good. Thanks for sharing and good job on turning down McDonalds. That would be difficult for myself as well and my husband can eat anything and does. It is definately a hurdle I face at times too.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I must say, my biggest problem is moderation. Yes, I need to eat better food, but at the same time I also need to keep them to a serving. Too much of a good thing is not so good!

Another tasty dessert which really satisfies me is:

1 apple
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    .25 teaspoon cinnamon
    .25 teaspoon nutmeg
    3 tablespoons light cool whip

Nutrition:
    Calories 140
    Calories from Fat 17
    Total Fat 1.9g
    Total Carbohydrates
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go on taking control of the situation!! Good luck and stay strong!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh your dessert sounds so yummy! Congrats on the will-power. Salty snacks are my downfall too... especially fries!
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    I must say, my biggest problem is moderation. Yes, I need to eat better food, but at the same time I also need to keep them to a serving. Too much of a good thing is not so good!

Another tasty dessert which really satisfies me is:

1 apple
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    .25 teaspoon cinnamon
    .25 teaspoon nutmeg
    3 tablespoons light cool whip

Nutrition:
    Calories 140
    Calories from Fat 17
    Total Fat 1.9g
    Total Carbohydrates

Do you cook/microwave the apple with the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, or do you just stir it all together with the whipped cream?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!