Cardio in the home?

Options
I didn't have time to go to the gym today, so I'm stuck at home. I wanna get my exercise in..but I have NO idea what I want to do. Any good cardio ideas? I can't go outside ): T'is wet out there.

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if you can find it, download the cardio sessions from Jillian Michaels body revolution. they range from 25-30 minutes and are a great half hour burn.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i found this video i like to do at home. it's zumba and even though the webpage is in another language the video is in english. hopefully it loads well for you!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAyNDYwMjky.html
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Find a mirror, and pretend you are in a boxing match with yourself.

3 rounds of 3 minutes and you will feel niiiiice =]
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of things you can do at home. I would google the Workout of the day. Ive done that before and got a whole list of things such as jumping jacks, planks, etc. Hard work, but its worth it.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you have stairs, walk up and down for as many flights as you can! If no stairs, go to youtube, there are SO many aerobics/ workout videos. Someone mentioned Jillian Michaels--her 30 day shred level one is totally free online at youtube, it's about 25 minutes and is a GREAT workout that burns a lot of calories!
  • amethysts269
    amethysts269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks... body weight squats... body weight lunges... crunches... planks... jogging on the spot... jump squats... push ups... tricep dips on the coffee table...

the list is endless, just use your imagination... put together a 20min circuit of your favourite exercises, this will get your heart rate up... it is what I do if I am unable to get to the gym.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is free, look it up on youtube....... Amazing lady who is so into her training and makes sure she has the right thing for you, scales down for al, you can also watch once then do it, stop when you wish x

It is not easy to start off on any task we do, but you can do this and you will find it easier, Also this amazing lady will show you how to warm up and cool down, very important so you dont feel the ache the next day.

All the things this lady will get you do complement each other, so you are not just doing say 100 situps and day and gaining nothing from it, you will also use your body weight xxxxx

You can do this, go on have a look at youtube for bodyrock TV, xx
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy running, but have never run in the rain... try it. It's wonderful. :heart:

However, if you don't run or hate running, it won't be fun.

My favorite indoor exercise before I had any exercise plans to follow, was finding the "how to do the Thriller dance" videos on Youtube. Soooo much fun. And I'm a terrible dancer.
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Buy any of the Beachbody products.. they work great! I am doing Insanity (again) I also have TurboFire and love them both. They provide great results if you stick to it! Good luck to you:)
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is free, look it up on youtube....... Amazing lady who is so into her training and makes sure she has the right thing for you, scales down for al, you can also watch once then do it, stop when you wish x

It is not easy to start off on any task we do, but you can do this and you will find it easier, Also this amazing lady will show you how to warm up and cool down, very important so you dont feel the ache the next day.

All the things this lady will get you do complement each other, so you are not just doing say 100 situps and day and gaining nothing from it, you will also use your body weight xxxxx

You can do this, go on have a look at youtube for bodyrock TV, xx
    i have her website bookmarked on my computer!

I think I wanna do boxing today..I just have no form. Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm just doing it for cardio :P
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Burpees.

Seriously. Do 10 in a row, catch your breath for 60 seconds, then do 10 more.

Repeat until you can't do any more.

Then jump rope, or if you don't have a rope just pretend that you're holding one. Do 500 jumps.

You will not lack for cardio with these two simple exercises.
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Buy any of the Beachbody products.. they work great! I am doing Insanity (again) I also have TurboFire and love them both. They provide great results if you stick to it! Good luck to you:)
    My mom won't let me buy any Beach Body products because we have a gym membership ):
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Burpees.

Seriously. Do 10 in a row, catch your breath for 60 seconds, then do 10 more.

Repeat until you can't do any more.

Then jump rope, or if you don't have a rope just pretend that you're holding one. Do 500 jumps.

You will not lack for cardio with these two simple exercises.
    I just looked what a burpee is. Sweet jesus on the main line. x.x Talk about cardio.
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There are tons of stuff on youtube to find, jillian michaels 30 day shred level 1 the entire 26mins in on there.
    Zumba stuff is there , aerobic stuff is there

If you have cable, you have on-demand which has a FREE fitness section!!!
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you dropped the gym membership you could save the money you were spending there to buy Insanity :) You work from home with only your body (no weights or anything else needed) and it really is a great workout. And you would have it forever:)