Easy protein recipes to make every day

Options

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Pork Tenderloin (low fat and yummy), roast and serve with a simple home-style gravy or shred it up and add BBQ sauce
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    here's a crock pot chili recipe I've tinkered with ... super easy and tastes great.

1 lb. lean ground beef, browned
    1 medium white onion, diced
    1 red pepper, diced
    2 cloves garlic, diced
    22 ounces tomato puree
    1 can Rotel Chili Fixin's Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
    1 can light red kidney beans, drained
    1 can cannellini beans
    1 can dark red kidney beans
    2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tbsp parsley flakes
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp cilantro
    1/4 tbsp black pepper
    3/4 tsp oregano
    3 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

dump em in the crock pot and let it go on low for eight hours. as this stands, divide it into eight big servings, and you get 257 cals with 23g protein. this last time I went to 2 lbs meat and the full 29-oz can of puree. not sure how much that ticked it up. didn't bother to figure it out, but it was a lot better, I thought. I figure that moves it closer to 265/25
  • clarkindee
    clarkindee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Quick protein ideas -- I will eat chicken about once a week but that's about it. No red meat here unless I'm eating at someone's house to be polite.
    Low fat cottage cheese on a bagel or english muffin at breakfast.
    Tofu -- my personal favorite. Egg it and roll lightly in flour -- fry in olive oil. Add to veggie stir fry with rice noodles. Yum.
    Protein shake with soy milk, flavored powdered protein powder (whey), banana, table spoon of organic peanut butter. Toss in a couple of ice cubes and blend it up. Delicious.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    monday's crock pot dinner was cheap, frozen chicken breast, 1 sliced onion, a bunch of garlic and a bottle of buffalo wing sauce. low for 8 hours, then shred chicken. add back in with 2 tbs butter and go another 30 minutes. great on rolls or even just plain. have in the past used it the next morning in scrambled eggs.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    One of the better things I've made, Momofuku Bo Ssam with baby romaine, rice, kimchi, ginger scallion sauce and ssam sauce. Have a bunch of leftovers to use this week

20120812_180132.jpg
    20120812_180708.jpg

Brine pork shoulder overnight, wash brine off. Slow roast for 6hrs, then let cool, rub with brown sugar and salt and let caramelize in a 500 degree oven for 20 min. It takes a while to finish but it's really simple with few steps
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to come to your house for dinner..... LOL that sounds delicious!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    PB2 -- Peanut butter without the fat. You just add water. I thought it tasted great and it has a ton of protein. When I lost weight a few years ago, I was eating PB2 every day (esp. the chocolate variety) It was a treat to me! You can order it online.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    PB2 -- Peanut butter without the fat. You just add water. I thought it tasted great and it has a ton of protein. When I lost weight a few years ago, I was eating PB2 every day (esp. the chocolate variety) It was a treat to me! You can order it online.

Today I mixed 2tbs chocolate PB2 into 6oz of Kroger Greek Yogurt, honey flavor, and it was heavenly!
  • boboette1
    Options
    lean beef roast, onion, 99% fat free mushroom soup, put in crockpot, cook all day on low.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    PROTEIN POWDER AND SKIM MILK!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I've been doing stir fries, but without rice or noodles - currently had turkey with gammon or pork meddalions. A load of protein from the meat and not many carbs from the rest with very little fat.
    Something like 20g carbs, 4g fat and 76g protein - most of the carbs from the sauce.
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    Stuffed Chile

One hatch chile pepper bout 4 inches long. Cut lengthwise.
    One chicken tender spiced up to your liking.
    Stuff pepper with chicken tender.
    Wrap pepper with 3 slices of raw bacon of your choice.
    Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes til the chicken is white.

I am eating them now they are awesome and so easy to make.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    TUNA FISH AND SARDINES ARE VERY HIGH IN PROTEIN AS WELL AS TURKEY!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

Crush peppercorns coarsely in a mortar and pestle

Salt steak and then press in peppercorns

in a pre heated cast iron pan, with a little oil cook about 3-5 min a side

Deglaze pan with cognac and add in cream and reduce till it thickens a bit

This sounds good and since my wife is visiting our children for the birth of our 21st grandchild I'm cooking for myself. I might try this.

Before deglazing, remove steak to rest. When deglazing with cognac watch out as it should catch fire

Thanks for the tip.
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Pork roast in crock pot....coat with pepper

Boil 2 cups water and wisk contents of one Brown Gravy Mix packet in. Pour over pork roast and cook on low all day. Serve with egg noodles or homemade mashed potatoes. Yum!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean chicken -- 1 to 1.5 lbs chicken tenders, TBSP olive oil, TBSP or so lemon juice (I usually just juice a lemon), a tsp or so or oregano, a few minced garlic cloves. You can marinate the chicken for 20 minutes or so, but it is good without taking that time too. Just throw the chicken and marinade in a skillet and cook until done!

Trout or salmon -- http://www.food.com/recipe/broiled-steelhead-trout-with-rosemary-lemon-and-garlic-109283 (this was supper tonight and it is really good!)

Tuna salad (I make with a little olive oil mayo, mustard, and sweet pickle relish, and add hard boiled egg whites when I have the time)

A salad with greens, hard boiled eggs or egg whites and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds (along with whatever carbs you might want to add in)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Crock pot lentils! Just lentils, ham hock or kielbasa, chicken broth, water and carrots. Soooo good and FILLED with protein! Freeze-able too if you make a big batch.
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    monday's crock pot dinner was cheap, frozen chicken breast, 1 sliced onion, a bunch of garlic and a bottle of buffalo wing sauce. low for 8 hours, then shred chicken. add back in with 2 tbs butter and go another 30 minutes. great on rolls or even just plain. have in the past used it the next morning in scrambled eggs.

Don't mean to hijack this, but I've seen more than a few recipes where people say use a bottle of buffalo wing sauce, or Frank's Hot Sauce. Do you really mean a whole bottle ? Like 12 ozs or so?
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Cottege Cheese lowfat, you can add tomatos, or peaches, or spices, or pineapple.