Logging Gum?

Options
shm1289
shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
I feel silly even asking this but someone made a comment to me the other day about how I'm not 100% honest with my food diary because I don't log my gum. It had never crossed my mind that I should log it! I know it is 5 calories per stick but I guess I don't exactly think its a huge deal whether its logged or not. What do you guys think? Is there anyone who logs their gum or is it a waste of time?

Replies

• Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would never in a million years start logging my gum. But that's just me.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't chew gum so honestly - I never thought about it. I'd say it depends on whether it has calories. I'd just look at the wrapper. Ironically, you may have to log in your vitamins too. They apparently also have calories. Sheesh.
  • seeleylakegirl
    seeleylakegirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also say NO to logging gum!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Different theories on this. I know when I was doing Turbofire that Chalene Johnson recommended counting 200 calories to capture everything like this. To me 5 calories is irrelevant.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Watch out... that 5 calorie gum is going to completely ruin your day. You will NEVER lose weight.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I WAS THNKING ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY............AHAHAH... but i wud add it, just me. lol
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Watch out... that 5 calorie gum is going to completely ruin your day. You will NEVER lose weight.

bahaha i love this. I know 5 calories isn't a big deal, I was just curious as to whether anyone else logs their gum or not. I never saw the point.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I log mine because every thing counts- the sugar and calorie content.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Doesn't chewing gum burn calories?
    I guess I would log it if I was chewing more than 2 or so pieces a day? I never chew gum really, so I havent thought about it.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If your chewing through 10 or 20 or more sticks per day, you may want to keep an eye on it, but if you're chewing one or two a day, no big deal.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how many pieces you chew in a day. If it is only one piece per day then no I wouldn't log it. If it is more than that, then yes I would log it. I had one piece of gum one day and I did log it, but it is strictly up to you. I don't chew gum much anymore myself.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I logged it a few times, then I was like WTF am I doing? Really? I'm sure I walked that gum off from the office to my car.
  • returningmyfatsuit
    returningmyfatsuit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins.

But it's just so I can monitor my vitamin intake better!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you chew and if you get REALLY close to your calorie limit.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    if you log your gum then you have to log you chewing it as exercise..
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    what? first of all your burning cals as u chew and a whole 5 or less cals...ppl need to get a life (not u lol)
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaaaaa! That's like logging a fart as exercise!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum or other things like black coffee, diet soda and splenda. I don't think its gonna mess with your weightloss. You gotta be realistic with your time
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I usually wont log anything lower than 20cals, its a waste of time and a little obsessive. You probably burn the five cals it takes to unwrap and chew the gum sooo, dont sweat it.