T.O.P.S. - Anyone part of this group?

Options
I have been looking into some of the options available in my area, and one that is available is TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly). Can anyone tell me about their personal experience(s) with this group?

Replies

• gmoore351
    gmoore351 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined tonight. 16 years ago I lost 80 pounds by participating in this support group. I thrive on incentives and the thought of having to face that scale once a week keeps me on track. Also telling everyone in the group whether you lost or gained and the amount. I am so excited that I have decided to join again. I never should have left (I gained back the 80 pounds plus gained gained 80 lbs). One day at a time and with T.O.P.S friends to support me through this life change.
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    It's kind of an old topic, I know but I just wanted to mention that not all T.O.P.S. chapters are the same. Our chapter does not sing songs or make the biggest loser of the night wear a crown. Hopefully you've found a support group that suits your needs by now, but I just wanted to let you know there are options.
  • momovich
    momovich Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined my local T.O.P.S. and was wondering, is there a group on MFP that does T.O.P.S? I'm not sure how to find them. Can you help?
  • canofworms
    canofworms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have belonged to TOPS for a long time and to many groups. The one I belong to now is like a social group. mostly seniors. But I think it is all up to the person and what they get out of the club or their magizine. I fell to many contests are not that great but one going at a time is great. I belonged to a group in Montana and they really help me alot. I lost about 70 pounds until I came to Washington state. and then I really haven't found the group yet., But I will stay with this one because I love each of the girl.