Your thoughts on the Body Bugg?

Options
13»

Replies

• Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    FITBIT.....................no need to say more! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mine and I was like you, I researched for about a month before I bought it. They sell it now at Bestbuy.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit that my parents bought me for my birthday and i use it every single day. I also have a HRM the polar H7 that syncs with my cell phone. and I pay not monthly subscriptions fees
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    FITBIT.....................no need to say more! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mine and I was like you, I researched for about a month before I bought it. They sell it now at Bestbuy.

You sold me on that one!!! I am getting a Fitbit for myself as well. I was researching for awhile because that is a bit pricey for a small gadget. Can't wait to buy it next week! I might go to Best Buy now since you said they have it. :smile:
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm a gadget girl, have all three - a Bodybugg, a FitBit and a Polar HRM FT7 (just got that one this week). Impressions:

1) Bodybugg does a pretty good job, is clunky on the arm and the website's database (particularly for food ) is terrible and not particularly user friendly. And they charge for it. that said, it measures well and you can parse the data alot of ways (and I'm a data girl, too).

FYI the version of the Bodybugg that syncs with SmartPhones has been nothing but trouble for iPhone users (can't speak for other smartphones) - terrible problems with the software. I haven't used it for the past two months (since I got the FitBit) but had dumped the app because it was so horrible - slow, crashed alot, etc. Might be fixed, but definitely look for comments on iTunes.

2) FitBit - they're having quality control issues with their manufacturers and it shows. Mine died after two months; turns out that they do not do as well worn near the body / sweat than first thought so might want use the clip (which solve the problem). However, I've found their forums/community/troubleshooting t be very timely and their customer service good enough - I have a new one coming. I like it because it is simple, the displays are fun and immediate, and it synchs with MFP which I found when I threw away the BB app.

3) Polar HRM - was advised to buy this by my trainer because I wanted to track myself as I get back into the pool and neither the FitBit nor the BB are waterproof. So far I've worn it 3 days and like it alot.

I've also gone back to wearing my BB while my FitBit is on the fritz - have about a month subscription left on the site so am tracking total calories burned that way. Last night I wore the BB and the Polar to do a dance workout and they were pretty close re: tracking/calorie estimation.

Like all tools, it depends on what your requirements actually are. Once I have my replacement unit I'll go back to the FitBit for ease of use and unobtrusiveness, also because of the synching to MFP, but use the Polar when I'm in the pool - and will probably use both when I'm walking just to compare for a while but expect I'll go back to the FitBit just for gentle walks.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it!! I wear it now only when doing workouts to get more accurate calorie burns. I like it better than a HRM.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    It sounds exactly like the FitBit which is $100 and free for their services. I have a fitbit, and I love it :)
  • christi921
    Options
    I have the fitbit also. Just upgraded to the fitbit ultra, which also tracks stairs climbed. The website is laid out very well, customer service is excellent and I have met many great people on the fitbit forums, and on Facebook. Once you have it set up, you can track your progress on the website also. Here you can set goals for yourself for the day, like how many steps you want to take, calories burned, miles traveled etc. I have found it very addicting to watch my numbers change and it has motivated me to make sure I reach the goals I set for myself for the day. Now that I have it linked with MFP it has become much easier to monitor my calories in/out.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have a bugg & HRM - hiking the past 2 days, the bugg said 233 & the HRM said 92. That's a huge difference. Yesterday bugg said 550 HRM said 233. I've had my bug for 15wks& have gained 13 lbs. I did a calorie reset with EMTWL, and due to me eating every calorie my bugg said I'd burned I've gained 13 lbs due to it being inaccurate ( and me eating back my exercise cals), but mostly it overestimating my burns. It was nice in the beginning to get an idea, but now it's tucked in a drawer & I'm using the scoobys workshop to know how many cals to eat & HRM for fig my burn. The digital display is a MUST though.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much for all your input on the Body Bugg and he Fitbit!! I really appreciate it!! :flowerforyou:
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My bugg is in my bra today! I really think this is the way to go! I'll still put it on my arm when I'm at the gym but for work....bra all the way.