Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or ripped in 30??

Options
I am looking for some feedback on what video is better.. I am 26 mother of 1 looking to lose 10-15 lbs and tone.. any advice would be great :)

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Bump. Im curious what everyones thoughts are
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fan of JM's videos and I've been going through her workouts 5-6 times a week. Here are my thoughts on both:

30DS - around 20-30 mins, has 3 levels that you do for 10 days before moving on to the next one, "relatively" easier than Rin30, might get monotonous bec it takes longer days, BUT perfect if you are just starting out. (I used 3 lbs)

Rin30 - around 30-40 mins, has 4 levels that changes every week, it is HARD.haha., she has Level 4 which is the "mother of all workouts" and oh boy, it is tough. (I used 3 lbs still bec haven't bought new weights by that time)

Personally, I think you could start with 30DS, then move forward to Rin30. Some of the moves are repetitive, so its good that you have a baseline knowledge first before moving on with the crazy levels.

Some say they lost more weight with 30DS and inches with Rin30. I can't really vouch for that since my body is different and mine has lost both weight and inches.

Her videos will have you puffing and sweating in no time. So whichever you choose to do first, you are bound to see results. Enjoy it! :flowerforyou:
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finished a round of the 30DS and I loved it! I lost both weight and inches and being such a short workout, it is totally worthwhile! A lot of people (myself included) do the shred before moving on to RI30. You're just prepared better for the pain she brings in ripped!

I started RI30 yesterday but personally wanted to add more to my routine so I'm doing the 30DS and then RI30 right after (i.e. 30DS Level 1 and then RI30 Week 1). They're both great workouts regardless of which one you do/when you do them. It's rare that people don't see results! Good luck !
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree...do the Shred first and then move on to Ripped, you will see great results
    (remember to take pics and measurements - the scale might not change sometimes even when your body is!)
  • mcteri1969
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to track the work out in my exercise diary? I started today, I loved it!
  • Ann1964x
    Ann1964x Posts: 76
    Options
    I track JM videos using circuit training
  • vikkirose21
    vikkirose21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice.. I beleive i will be purchasing 30 Day Shred tomorrow.. would you suggest getting the mat and weights as well??
  • carolynkelly09
    Options
    You need small hand weights.. 2lb or 3lbs.
    I have carpet so I don't use a mat.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I didn't have any weights, so I used cans out of the cupboard or filled a couple of 32 ounce water bottles. Now that I have regular weights, I can say they are a bit easier to handle than cans or bottles, but the substitution worked. I use a throw rug for a mat.
  • ritamcpeek43
    Options
    My husband bought the ripped in 30 dvd for me this christmas. I walk 4-6 miles daily but wanted more strength training in my routine, I believe I've also hit a plateau with my weight and need to get another jump start to get to my goal weight of 120-125 lbs. I've slowly, yet steadily maintained to keep off 22 pounds since I started walking almost 2 years now. I have another 15 pounds to go and I really hope this program works for me. Today was my first day and it sure did make me sweat! Hope it works :) Reading all the above comments gives me hope.