I'm finally gonna be a United States Marine

Options

Replies

• cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Great work and an outstanding goal! Thank you for your service. My son will be leaving Jan 7th for Marine boot camp! Semper Fi !
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Boo-yah! Congratulations on your fabulous achievement, and thank you sir, for your commitment and willingness to serve - from a grateful U.S. patriot.
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • nomorechub68
    Options
    I certainly wish you the very best...stay strong and stay safe. I am so happy that you are realizing your dream, thank you for serving our fair Nation. Semper Fi!
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Congrats on achieving your goals! That kind of determination will serve you well in the USMC.
    Good luck and thanks for serving.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story. Best of luck to you.
  • missdabby
    missdabby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats and Good Luck to you....from a Proud Marine Mom : )
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is a great accomplishment, and you should be very proud! Best of luck to you in the US Marines!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    It took about a year and a half, but after dropping a little over 100 pounds, I was finally able to fulfill my dream of enlisting in the United States Marine Corps.

I still have about 30 lbs to lose before I ship to boot camp, but there's no slowing down this freight train. This journey has taught me that boundaries are meant to be broken. If I can do it, so can you.

02ec690f.jpg

Thank you for your Future Service
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    love this..... what an awesome example of giving your self the life you want.... may you enjoy your time in the military as much as my family has.... military peeps are really the best people on the planet. YOU ROCK
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi Brother...Semper Fi.....USMC 86' - 91'
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you so much for serving and protecting our great country!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, thats fantastic!

Agreed and would like to add "You look awesome!"
  • navygunner
    navygunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome, wish you the best and congratulations on the outstanding job!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Great job! And congrats!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Im a former Marine and boot camp will get you into the best shape of your life. Just do what they tell you, eat everything on your plate. Its going to be a big change food wise from what your used to doing now. You wont have choices. They will reshape you, they know what they are doing. The hard part is when your out of the structured life style of boot camp. No one to tell when and what to eat. Its all closely monitored cafeteria type food but when once your done with boot its up to you. When I got out of boot camp I was 175 a year later I was 190. Still within Marine Regs but I didnt know a lot about nutrition and food back then so it was a lot of pizza and burgers. Very cool you know what your doing health wise going in. Any questions just ask and I will be happy to answer. Of course I went in in 94 so Im a little old school and boot has changed a lot.

Good Luck!!
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy and excited for you! Good Luck :)
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both your weight loss and on becoming a Marine. God blees you for serving! Thank you!
  • ClaribelCastillo
    ClaribelCastillo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow, you look great!! you got this :)
  • harpey
    harpey Posts: 2
    Options
    Semper Fi! You will be a leader.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!