Does anyone else weight in every day?

Options
I find myself doing it this time around but don't let the numbers bother me. I like watching it go down. Instead of stressing about it for a week, i have just made it part of my morning routine...(i weigh in naked after using the bathroom in the am). I have been told in the past it isn't healthy to do so, but if it causes me to relax vs stress for a week, it should be alright correct?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Just started because there is this cool website that gives you trends over time....

https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane. I've havent been on the scale since mid-July.

There's too many variables (mainly water and stress) that cause weight to fluctuate up to 5lbs in a given 24 hours. Once a week, same circumstances. That's all you need.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    i do, bad habit, but, i only log at fix intervals; every week or two.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I had to stop myself from weighing in every day. It was driving me CRAZY! Plus, I had some "bad habits" in high school, if you catch my drift, and I DO NOT want to fall back into the same habits!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Once a week here, and I don't feel the need to do it anymore often, and have thought about going to every two weeks. I like seeing the number go down too but that's just not going to happen in a day and it can even go up and I don't want to feel bad when it happens. Some people say they weigh every day and it not bother them. But for me it would and it would not be beneficial. To each their own though, as long as you are not obsessing!
  • Judykv95
    Judykv95 Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh in everyday too and it works for me. I know if I ate heavy the day before or ate a lot of salt that is the reason for the gain and don't let it bother me. If it goes up day after day then it makes me realize I need to do better. When I start avoiding the scale then I know I have fallen off track and am not weighing because I know the # is going to be bad.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning - It helps me to keep on track, and to know if I should watch my sodium for a few days.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can't- it would stress me out too much. Once a week is enough for me. I do measurements about once a month as well.
  • Hpysk8tr
    Hpysk8tr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find myself drawn to the scale every morning. I log once a month but like to see that I'm at least maintaining the rest of the time. And....it's hard to ignore that big white square staring at me every morning :tongue:
  • LosinLady30
    LosinLady30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yup and it works for me. Plus, being aware of what I eat, the scale never really surprises me.
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i do
  • carmie12345
    Options
    It is part of my morning routine too. I think it helps motivate me to try reaching my daily calorie goals. Especially if it swings up high the morning after a day of gluttony. But I don't log my weight loss on MFP daily. don't want to log any weight loss until I am really and truly down by 10 lbs.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yup - the body doesn't operate on a perfect 7 day cycle, so I weigh every day and track the trends over time. Mostly it's just curiosity and I love charts. I love seeing how my average weight goes down on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    someone who is maintaining and dosnt use a calorie counter once told me "it helps her decide what to eat during that day". don't think thats very healthy though cuz the fluctuation could be a result of numerous factors. id say as long as it dosnt make you get obsessed them dont worry about it :]
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I know its a bad habit to get into but I cant help it:frown: I am going to try and stop doing that and just weigh myself once a week. its going to be hard but I am driving myself crazy weighing myself every day.
  • NatashaC88
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. It helps me to keep a number in mind. My job is to do concessions at a movie theater so I spend all day serving people piles of buttery popcorn, cheese covered nachos, and lots of sodas too. When I see my number and remember it throughout the day it keeps me in check. Meaning I do not give in to the temptation to snack on garbage junk food or to sip soda all day. I instead pack pistachios, apple sauce, homemade hummus, boiled eggs, and garbanzo beans with cilantro and lemon juice for lunch. Things like that.

I say weigh in every day if it works for you. In my mind I am determined to keep or lower the number I see on the scale by making good healthy decisions throughout my day whether that be dietary or mental. What keeps you the most healthiest and most encouraged is the best way to go.
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do. It's a reallllyyyy bad habit. I'm off to college in a few days. So, I won't be able to weigh in at all!
  • Arachne
    Arachne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do. I always have... I don't stress about the numbers at all, doesn't bother when it goes up but it's motivating to see it go down. I track the trends as well and it helps me to see what has an affect on my weight.

I definitely weigh myself everyday now that I have gotten one of those fancy scales with various percentages, and while it may not be truly accurate it really helps me get a handle on my water intake when I can see on the scale every morning what my water percentage is.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane. I've havent been on the scale since mid-July.

There's too many variables (mainly water and stress) that cause weight to fluctuate up to 5lbs in a given 24 hours. Once a week, same circumstances. That's all you need.

Please. It's not the same for everyone.

I have never had an issue weighing myself every day. It doesn't drive me insane, I'm aware of fluctuations during the day. I don't care if it's three pounds higher than it was yesterday, as long as I have a generally downward slope on the graph over the long term.

I don't even log all my weigh-ins. I mostly do it for idle curiosity.
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    I weigh myself everytime i walk into my bathroom ..