i need to cry :(

Options
Uhh ok i don't think anyone in my "real" life understands how i feel about food and my weight or anything so im hoping u will ..
Right now i feel like losing weight for me is hopeless :( just a little over a year ago i was hot ! had a pretty decent body i even danced at a gentlemens club ! i have gained close to 80 pounds since then and i am the biggest i have ever been in my life , bigger than i was when i was pregnant with my 9 pound son and i feel like the ugliest person ever , its started to effect my relationships with people . i have gotten to the point where i hate food and feel completely disgusted when i even think of eating , then i start thinking that whenever someone looks at me all they see is my fat and that they are judging me.. does anyone else ever feel like this ?? sorry for being so negative i really just needed to vent .

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry hon, we've all been there! Have your cry, and then do something constructive towards fixing the problem. Shopping lists, eating plans, workout schedule, whatever you need to do to plan ahead and make it work!
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    im just so upset i let myself get to this point :( like i dont even go out in public anymore .
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sarah- You are a beautiful in your picture. It does it hard trying to lose weight, manage life, school, books, everything.
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
    I see a beautiful, young lady in your picture.

Think: Healthy, Fun, and Alive!!!

Peace Out!!
  • StaceyG221
    Options
    Hang in there! You have taken the first step by joining MFP. Keep track of what you eat, and start with a bit of a work out and before you know it you will losing and toning. If you are interested in some motivational support add me as a friend, I log daily and am always ready to give my support!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're gorgeous. Don't tell yourself otherwise.

You've made a GREAT step coming here and working to better your health. Everything else that comes with that will just be sweet, sweet candy (so to speak) and you'll be feeling better emotionally in no time. You're worth the commitment. Remember that.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Dont look back...not the direction u are going. Keep moving forward. Exercise and healthy food and watch your cals. U can lose the 80 lbs!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I can relate to how you feel. I once had someone tell me I needed my own zip code because I was so fat. :-(

Try to be good to yourself and nourish yourself with good, healthy foods. If you just hang in there and take it slowly, you will eventually lose the weight. Good food is there to make you strong and healthy, and it's okay to love it and enjoy eating as you are working on losing weight.

~*~ hugs ~*~
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I feel like that all the time, with the fat and judging. And that's because people do judge... Recently, i've just had the 'to hell with you' type attitude and try not to let them get to me. Try and just stay positive, and think of the good things in your life, that will get you through the tough times. Also, feel free to add me =)
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i know EXACTLY how you feel. i was never toned, but i never weighed over 130 my whole life, and even that was a little chunky for my short stature and flat chested nature. in less than a year i was up to about 160 and my boyfriend ended up breaking up with me (among other reasons) because i hated my body and he couldn't stand how unhappy i was.

the week after we broke up i joined this site. my body is MINE and i want to be happy with it. it's a long, slow, sometimes steady process but it's totally worth it in the end. you just have to plan it out, set your mind to it, and get it done. start small and work your way up. when it's done, you will come through a physically and mentally stronger person.

don't lose hope and msg me whenever you need some words of encouragement. i'm on here waaaay too much.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    story of my life... although Ive never been thin... I always feel like people must think "why the hell is she eating she is sooo fat" I started losing weight, still have a lot to lose though... I know 100% how you feel... if you need a friend for motivation, support or just emotional support... you can add me if you want :)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Our past does not define us, it is what we do today and in the future! You are on here to take those great steps to overcome your past, just keep your chin up and know that there will be many bumps along the way. We are all here for you at those bumps! If you need extra cheerleaders feel free to send a friend request :)
  • JayneNGrohl
    Options
    Try this. Imagine if you saw someone else with your exact same body. Would you be as critical of them as you are with yourself? I've learned over the years that nobody else really pays as much attention to my weight as I used to think they did. What would you tell someone else if they posted this exact status update? Be gentle with yourself.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    sometimes you do just need a good cry. but then you need to realize that this is your life. your decisions. your choices. choose to be happy. choose to make a healthy relationship with food, for you and your son. i have been exactly where you have been. please dont dig yourself deeper. dont just not eat okay.... go shopping and buy only healthy food. plan for a week ahead and pre cook your food. put them in Tupperware. and tape the calorie count on the top of it. use the recipe tool to do this on mfp. dont give up hope, you are responsible for your own happiness. choose how you want to deal with this. it is NOT hopeless, youre here for a reason arnt you? :] to succeed. i believe in you, if that helps.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up, Chickie! We've all been there... that's why we are here. :) You just have to remember that while, yes.... it is hard sometimes to get healthy again... it still is a feasible goal... AND... more importantly... that you ARE worth EVERY BIT of the effort. Add me, if you'd like... (and anyone else too!) I consider myself a pretty good cheerleader! :)
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    Thanks everybody for replying .. im still over here balling my eyes out lol but i do feel a little better.. but it sucks to know that some of you feel the same way as i do , it is a horrible feeling , especially when you have no one that understands .. but its kinda nice to know im not as alone as i thought i was .
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You have already taken the hardest step: you are on this site and you have started moving toward the weight, healthy lifestyle and approach to food that will get you where you want to go. Give yourself a pat on the back and just concentrate on losing 1 pound at a time. We are all here for you and you will do this!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try not to think about where you are, but concentrate on where you're going! Set your goals, work your derriere off! The closer you get to where you want to be, the more fun it is. You can get a lot of exercise pushing that baby of yours in a running stoller. Put on music and dance in your living room. Just keep moving and monitor your calories. You're young and can knock this out within a year--faster than you gained it. Now, wipe your tears and go for it!
  • akg90
    akg90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you are not alone. i feel the same way everyday!! but sometimes i get tired of crying. it pisses me off and makes me so mad. crying gets me nowhere but discouraged. i had my baby 3 months ago and lost 27 pounds but in my eyes thats not good enough and i still look and feel disguisting! thats why i love this site. keeps me going. keep your head up and you can do this!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sarah, you're a beautiful woman! I go to the trail after 9 pm when it's dark so I won't be seen. A week or 2 ago a large guy mooed at me when I was passing him in Walmart, I am 180 lbs. a few weeks after that a guy yelled out his car window at me about my chest while I was coming home from the trail when it was still light out. Have they made me quit? No, because I am doing this for my future child I hope to have one day and not them. Think about what your motivation is, what your striving for and never quit! :flowerforyou:
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Take some time to figure out your goals and yourself... in my opinion its the best thing you can do....remember your only a short workout away from a better mood :) Take a walk and soak up some vitamin D you can only get better