Does anyone else weight in every day?

Options

Replies

• cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I "weigh in" on my wii fit game everyday. I do not pay attention to the numbers.I know that I am going to go up and down quite often just do to water weight and such. I update my weight on MFP every Monday morning. That is what I look at when reviewing my progress.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everytime i walk into my bathroom ..

Yikes! I drink a gallon and a half of water every day...If I weighed myself every time I went to the bathroom, I'd have to buy a new scale every two months. :wink:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Twice a day.
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log everyday. I don't stress either. To each their own, don't let anyone tell you to stop if it works for you.
  • Jamie_Moy
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday too. I like knowing what foods the day before make me bloated, and which help keep me on track. It also motivates me even to see .2 pounds lost, if I have a 3 pound weight gain, I look back at what I have eaten, and try to stay away from it. I say whatever works for you, Good luck everyone with your weight goals :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, don't consider it a bad habit and am not in the least bothered by daily fluctuations. It's probably a very bad idea for anybody who obsesses over it or goes psycho when they see a 0.1 lb. gain, though.
  • Jamie_Moy
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday too. I like knowing what foods the day before make me bloated, and which help keep me on track. It also motivates me even to see .2 pounds lost, if I have a 3 pound weight gain, I look back at what I have eaten, and try to stay away from it. I say whatever works for you, Good luck everyone with your weight goals :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, don't consider it a bad habit and am not in the least bothered by daily fluctuations. It's probably a very bad idea for anybody who obsesses over it or goes psycho when they see a 0.1 lb. gain, though.

Exactly.

I gained 7lbs this weekend over my previous low. I'm sure it was a mixture of water retention, food, and possibly retained waste. Went to work today, and came home within 1lb of my previous low.

I'm really not worried about it. Our weight fluctuates...it's nature. Tracking that natural fluctuation has taught me a SUBSTANTIAL amount about my body.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I check my weight periodically but it's more of a curiosity. My weekly weigh in is Monday morning after I eat and immediately after my shower. And when I do the curiosity weigh in's, I do it to see all time lows, not all time highs. If I go above the last weigh in, I'll remind myself I am still eating my 1200 calories and I am still eating healthy; the math says I'll still lose 2 lbs each week.
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    I use to weigh my self every other day now I do it once a week
  • owensa12
    owensa12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes It keeps me motivated and on track!!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    I do, sometimes several times a day.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, in the morning after I pee. I like watching the number go down :D And when it goes up...it's usually because I over ate the previous day or didn't drink enough water. I don't find it stressful, I find it motivational! I log the weight once a week and measure once a month.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day to micro manage my maintenance.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane. I've havent been on the scale since mid-July.

There's too many variables (mainly water and stress) that cause weight to fluctuate up to 5lbs in a given 24 hours. Once a week, same circumstances. That's all you need.

Please. It's not the same for everyone.

I have never had an issue weighing myself every day. It doesn't drive me insane, I'm aware of fluctuations during the day. I don't care if it's three pounds higher than it was yesterday, as long as I have a generally downward slope on the graph over the long term.

I don't even log all my weigh-ins. I mostly do it for idle curiosity.

Thats fine then. Seems like a few people who posted here say the same. I just dont want you to act based on the number you see that day. Gotta look at the trend overtime.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth... I did weigh everyday...but as soon as I start feeling it might get me down.. I back off to once a week. that is what I'm doing now. I do think weighing everyday is a fabulous idea when maintaining..keeps the weight from creeping on. Wish I had done that when I lost this 30 pounds I'm trying to lose now..last year.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I do it every day, some times multiple times a day. I'm not obsessed (really!) but I'm working nights and I find it interesting to see how my weight fluctuates during the day. Once I get back to swings and on a regular schedule, I'll go back to doing it once in the morning. Checking every day allows me to see how my body reacts to things, such as hormones and the stuff I've been eating. I will also mention that by weighing myself daily (and looking at the trend from the last week), it's motivating to keep what I'm doing, or change. I've lost 30 pounds so far, and kept it off for 8 months.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning. I'm maintaining, and I want to know if I slip out of the 5-lb. range I've given myself. If I do, I want to return to logging calories right away. So far, I've done well, but if I see a trend in the wrong direction, I'll be a little more careful about what I eat for a few days. I have to keep a close eye on my weight, because I never want to allow it to creep back.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It really is personal choice! I used to weigh in everyday religiously now I make sure I weigh in every Friday and use that as my official weigh in and what I use to log progress on mfp mainly friday because it helps give me focus not to binge at the weekend if I am reminded of all the hard work I put in during the week to lose the weight in the first place. Thats not to say I dont weigh in any other time I just dont log it. This week so far Ive jumped on the scales twice and probably will again before Friday! If it helps you not to stress out then that can only be a good thing right?
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every day. If I've drunk the night before, I might leave it a couple of days, or if I feel a bit emotional and know the number will have a negative impact, then I don't. You have to do what works for you. It is just a number, and can't tell you your worth or value on this earth, so if there's a day you know the result might impact you badly, don't weigh. But I like to weigh pretty much every day, and I don't let it stress me.