Trying vegetarian diet

Options
I have been trying my best to become a vegetarian, but I cheated yesterday and now I feel guilty :( ... I need friends to help and kick my butt if I cheat. Plus, I would love reciepts or referals of books on vegetarian food.. Thank you so much.. Jules..

Replies

• oJulia
    oJulia Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. It can be a difficult transition, especially if you ate meat your whole life.
    Check out vegweb.com
    It is an amazing resource.
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    Have you tried the fake "meat" products? I am a vegetarian because I just don't like the taste of meat and don't want it in my body but in order to up my protein I have been trying some - they aren't too bad. Might be worth checking out?
    Also - Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean burgers are TO DIE FOR. :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Dont feel guilty, its human nature to eat meat! Perhaps wean yourself off meat slowly?
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a very unhealthy vegetarian :(. I need to eat more fruits and veggies. I started like 20 years ago. I lost 50 pounds right away without exercising. It was hard at first. But like everything else it gets easy. Good luck to you!
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Have you tried the fake "meat" products? I am a vegetarian because I just don't like the taste of meat and don't want it in my body but in order to up my protein I have been trying some - they aren't too bad. Might be worth checking out?
    Also - Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean burgers are TO DIE FOR. :)
    Yeah i have and I love it.. I also have meatless chicken patties, but my big problem is my husband is a meat eater and I was raised as a meat eater.. Luckily I always made two meals.. My hubby works 12 to 14 hr shifts and since he is military he is gone alot so it is still easy because i am used to making two meals..
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. It can be a difficult transition, especially if you ate meat your whole life.
    Check out vegweb.com
    It is an amazing resource.
    Thank you for the web site
  • yrhee
    yrhee Posts: 21
    Options
    Read the book "Skinny *****"!