I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

And I agree with several posters who say they weigh daily or every few days. Everyone is different. The times in my life I've cut back on getting on the scale are the very same times I let my weight creep back up. I do sooooooo much better when I weigh daily or at least a couple times a week. Some people do better if they don't get on the scale all the time. It's an individual choice so do whatever works for you.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congratsd!!! I love breaking those numbers!

What weight were you on your profile picture? You cannot be over 200 lbs in that pic whatsoever. Just wondering.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

But you did fail the number 1 rule! Dont weigh yourself every day!!! once a week, or once a fortnight is best. always at the same time of day. So every saturday morning for instance. I can go from 253 to 236 in a day with natural fluctuations!! Which is crazy!

Good luck with it! And keep it up! 2010 is the year to get fit and keep fit!

How is that the number 1 rule? I hate when people say you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. Yes, your weight will fluctuate and you will NOT lose weight everyday but that doesn't mean you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. Everyone is different and I like weighing myself everyday. I use it as a guide. If my weight goes up I think "did I eat something I shouldn't have? Let's try to do better today" If you only weigh yourself every two weeks and all of a sudden your weight is up by 6 pounds or something you will have to do a lot of work to fix it. But if you would have been weighing yourself everyday or even every few days you could have prevented that gain. I think you should RECORD your weight every week or so but you should get on the scale at least every few days. You should not get frustrated with the scale though. If you go up then that's more motivation to do better that day. The scale should not be looked at as an enemy, it should be your friend.

Sorry to go off on a rant but it just really frustrates me when I see you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. You shouldn't get frustrated by the weight you see everyday (unless it continues to go up, then you may have a problem). Congratulations to the original poster!!!!!!

fom my experience the reason people say you shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a week is because people get really discouraged. You'll probably still see posts on here from people who talk about how hard they worked out yesterday and how well they ate and yet they gained 1 pound since yesterday ... but if they look at the week they lost 3 pounds. So if your preference is to weigh yourself daily and you can overlook the small numbers and no changes and still feel encouraged to go on than do it! I on the other hand happen to be one of the people that get really discouranged and have a hard time keeping going ... even if I weigh myself twice a week! So I personally prefer to do it once.

Not all weight loss tips are for everyone, find what works best for you and run with it!
  • jennanassy
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up. I started recently at about the same starting weight you were. I can't wait to be in the 30s!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    excellent! keep it up!
  • sporters
    Options
    That is great! I have just started the program, and I love reading all of these success stories!! What wonderful motivation! :)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    Keep it up!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!