My NSV of the Day- What's YOURS?

Options

Replies

• julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My family ordered pizza, and I knew I wasn't hungry. So instead of eating anyway, I went and did a 40 minute workout! By the time I finished and showered, they had eaten and put the food away. So I ate a little bowl of cereal and have been on here ever since, to keep from snacking. I've never chosen exercise over PIZZA before!!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Finally accepting that I legitimately do take a size small in a lot of clothes now. Today, instead of naturally gravitating towards the M's and L's like I normally do (and then being annoyed when they're too big), I actually reached for the S first and they fit well. Still feels weird, though.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I dove into our pool and my swimsuit bottom slide right off! Time for a smaller one!

Fast forward to smaller one:

I was told by my husband that unless I was planning on getting busy...it was time to cover up. Apparently, strutting around in my new bikini was getting him all "hot & bothered" :blushing:
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    I have several pairs of undies that I can't wear anymore because they won't stay up :laugh:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Mine was two people on my FL's here told me that my hamstrings have tightened up. I honestly didn't even notice while posting a progress pic yesterday. Proof positive that lifting works. :bigsmile:
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I got on the scale and saw that 55lbs are now gone....and then my daughter came running up to me this afternoon when I picked her up after work and she hugged me and told me how small I'm getting. I almost started crying.
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    i tried on a size twelve (12) dress and i could zip it up and breathe... :smile: iv been borderline 14 and 16 for some time now but to be abe to fit 12 was awesome...:bigsmile:
  • muggsmom
    muggsmom Posts: 28
    Options
    I put on a pair of track pants I haven't worn since last winter, and I actually laughed out loud, they were HUGE! It felt great to throw out something because it was too big instead of too small.

I have bursitis in my left hip. The other night in bed I realized I was lying on that hip and it didn't hurt! I can't remember the last time it bothered me. I LOVE NSV's!!!!
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Haha that's an awesome NSV :)

Hmm well I haven't lost weight/inches so I guess it's not exactly from my "hard work" yet haha but a group of guys just stared and checked me out for longgg time, it was slightly awkward though
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I did 32 non girl pushups :D
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I was at a get-together with a group of women two nights ago. One lady brought a carrot cake (my favorite!). The NSV isn't so much that I wasn't too interested in eating of any of it but that another woman, who took a small slice, looked at me and said "If I was thin like you, I'd take a bigger piece!" I gave my best friend (who has known me during my huge days), a knowing look and she smiled and gave "you did it!" nod back. That felt pretty good!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Someone told me today that my face looked thinner and as I'm working tonight, I have noticed my wedding ring is a little loose and not cutting off my circulation any more. Feels good!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave me a TON of chocolate yesterday.. I was worried I'd binge like crazy on it because that's a major trigger food for me, but I ended up throwing half of it out. I kept a few dark chocolate bars and a box of Trader Joe's truffles and stashed them way in the back of my fridge so I wouldn't see them everytime I opened the door.. I decided I'd allow myself to have a serving size of the truffles today and figured it into my calorie allotment.. and then I ended up not even eating them. Totally lost interest, and used my calories for healthy stuff instead. SO proud of myself. I am a total sugar addict and have cut it like 90% out of my diet going on 3 or 4 days and I seem to not be craving it anymore.. soo happy!
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I could do a couple actual pushups yesterday and got off my knees. Only did a couple but that's better then nothing!
  • IdunAbelone
    Options
    I try to walk to work every day (about one mile one way), and one day last week it was raining "cats and dogs" at the end of the day. My colleague who lives close to me offered me a ride in his car. I accepted, but when we came out to the parking lot I changed my mind and walked home. Soaking wet.
    I would NEVER have done that just some few weeks ago :)
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Awhile now, but when I could touch my toes and see my collar bone..Great days:) I have had a lot lately but the main NSV I have is that yesterday I hit 24.7 on my BMI....:wink:
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror last night and realized that there was only 1 chin - Just had to laugh because that has been a standing joke in my house for years.
  • coryp12
    coryp12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I climbed a 15ft hanging rope using my arms only. I've never been able to climb a rope. To be able to do that was an awesome feeling!

Then went for a family bike ride for 16 miles pulling 2 kids and a trailer for about 100 pounds total. We were averaging about 12mph and got passed by a guy on a road bike. I kicked it down and stayed with him at 20mph for over a mile. Only thing better would have been if I could have passed him! Heart rate was showing 172bpm...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Finally accepting that I legitimately do take a size small in a lot of clothes now. Today, instead of naturally gravitating towards the M's and L's like I normally do (and then being annoyed when they're too big), I actually reached for the S first and they fit well. Still feels weird, though.

This!! I actually was at costco and they had some jeans I like and I actually picked up a pair in my "new" size first! (they fit)…
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a couple. One of my favorite NSV's is when people give me compliments that they can see the weight loss. That's better than any number on the scale for me.

ALSO - I was out working with my horses yesterday and I was ground driving my mini (horse in harness with me walking behind him, no cart) when I asked him for a trot and I could actually jog behind him without getting winded. Another fabulous advantage of my new jogging affliction!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!