need friends to help me stay on track

Options
Hiya, I realise I need support to finally sort out my weight problem. I am 40, female, and have over 6 stone to lose. I like beer, bread and crisps too much. I am based in Lancashire. Anybody similar out there for mutual support?

Thank you :)

Replies

• nicksgurl3
    nicksgurl3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) I'll add you! :) i need accountability too.
  • mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello Martina! Glad to have you part of the website and I hope youre blessed here as much as I am. I have a great team on here who keep me going and viseversa! I'm younger than you but we share a mutual love in beer, bread, and chips (crisp as you say)! Id love to have you part of my journey and to also be part of yours... support is the key to success! Feel free to add me and Good luck on your goals!! :)
  • Shy_girl89
    Options
    Hey my name is stefani im 22 years old and im also lacking support and friends ! Im a nice girl add me :p i wanna lose aot of weight ! And i just fell in love with mfp so anyone whos whilling to fallow me into my weight loss journey would be appreciated lots of love :):tongue:
  • justajiffy
    Options
    Hi, have just started - a week in - never lost anything before and weight has just crept up for 25 years. Lost 7lb in the first week. I have a thing for savoury - loads of bread, sandwiches, crisps etc. I can't believe how this week I have somehow, without much trouble, only had 2 slices of toast. Also, even better I have not had a single bag of crisps - amazing considering I could easily have 3 to 6 bags a day previously. Have only connected with a few people on here so far but from those have received so much inspiration. Add me if you wish and perhaps we can help each other stay on track.
  • Shy_girl89
    Options
    7 pounds the first week is a lot ! Congrats they only time i lost that much in a week i was at my heavieast 226 pounds . With a protein diet it was hard n i never wanna do it Again lol
  • mrswoob
    mrswoob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I love all the bad stuff too!
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I wish you the best of luck on your journey for weight loss, and I'll definitely add you! We need all the support we can get, and this is just the place to get it :)
  • Rosannep1
    Rosannep1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too love my beer, vodka drinks and fried foods from the bar. I live in the U.S. just started this program yesterday and would love to have friends that have similar goals!
  • 160Mooney
    160Mooney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Angela and I'm 23! I had a baby a year ago and it's been rather difficult to lose weight until recently! I love love love sweets, breads, steak..all that good food! I decided to change up my food habits in addition to exercise and this week I've already lost 2 lbs! I started with 40lbs to lose and now down to 32 more lbs before I reach my goal!! I would love to help you stay on track and I am also looking for that type of motivation. I often fall off the wagon and need to keep at it! Welcome to myfitnesspal!
  • Marsee61
    Marsee61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my start day and I am not doing well already. I need major help.
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    Hi!

You are welcome to add me. I am a "bakery" person who likes pie, tarts, scones and things of that gourmet nature. Fried foods are easy for me to stay away from because after my gallbladder was removed, anything fried makes me sick. Right now I am working on lowering my daily carbs and getting away from sugar. After one week, I am already feeling more alert without all that extra unnecessary carbs and sugar in my diet. Lots of veggies and fruit to fill me up and water flavored with limes to fill me up.

Good luck! This is a good program. I left another diet program for this one!

Kristi :happy:
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, love my beer and junk food. I'm about half way to goal. Adding you as a friend:flowerforyou:
  • maj1965
    maj1965 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ,

I am in a pretty simular situation, 40ish 6stone plus to lose, love bread & crisps too.
    I have been on here a while but only just started getting into it.
    Not too sure how to use the commuinty site so much yet but will do my best.
    So I will add you as a friend or you can add me not sure as I said how it works.

Mandie x
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Good luck and enjoy the journey, I know I'm enjoyimg mine.

:drinker:
  • 160Mooney
    160Mooney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is my start day and I am not doing well already. I need major help.

What's your diet like? I use to have a huge issue with dieting until I started eating more food and fewer calories. If this is any help, my diet consists of high protein and high fiber. I like to do granola and greek yogurt for breakfast with two hard-boiled egg whites. Lean protein shake for snack. Chicken breast and peas for lunch. Another protein shake for snack with some fruit. Dinner I eat a bowl of beans, rice and spinach mixed together and for snack I eat an apple for dinner. I take fiber supplements to make sure I'm getting between 25-30 grams a day and consume about 130 grams of protein a day. The calories are always between 1300-1500, but it's still a lot of food and a lot of energy I get out of it..if that helps any.
  • LouiseP78
    LouiseP78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I havent really used the forum area yet, feel free to add me I am trying really hard to loose weight but at a gradual pace so as not to have much saggy bits lol xxx
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    Feel free to add me :D