Comparison of P90X2 vs. Body Beast

Options
I've seen a lot of posts about each of these separately, but was wondering if anyone had done both and how they compare? Specifically, I'm wondering what equipment you need for each and how the workouts themselves compare. Are they just so totally different they are incomparable? We're leaning towards getting P90X2 for no other reason than it seems to require less equipment. Thoughts? I'm not sure I can stand another 12 weeks of Tony Horton. I did P90X, and it's a great workout, it's just the jokes got stale after awhile.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Body Beast is a program aimed specifically at people looking to add muscle mass. It's not for weight loss or even general fitness. It's an entry level start into bodybuilding. P90X2 is Beachbody's attempt to capitalize on the "functional fitness" trend, which places an emphasis overall on core strength. Other similar programs that follow this trend (emphasizing real world fitness and core strength) are: TapouT XT, Georges St. Pierre Rushfit, Athlean X (which is available only in PDF format as you're meant to do the workouts in a gym--put the PDFs on your smartphone and take it to the gym), Rip: 60, and most kettlebell training programs such as Skogg System.
  • hoya96
    hoya96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there friend! How are you? Haven't tracked all of your comments but did you get your bike back? So, to answer your question: both are really great programs but are meant for entirely different purposes. As a Beachbody Coach, I got to see and hear directly from each of the series' designers at our Coach Summit this past June.

So here is the breakdown. P90X2 is for serious athletes that want to take their game to the next level. Think triathletes, Ironman or full length marathon runners. You will require medicine balls and some other equipment, dumbells/pull-up bar, which you may already have.

Body Beast is for muscle gain- think "folks that want to bulk up and really work on muscle definition". Don't let "bulk-up" scare you. Most of the folks that have purchased Body Beast and are writing great reviews are women that really want to lose the flab on their biceps/triceps or tone up those quads. You will need dumbells and an ez curl bar (some folks think it's cheating).

Hope this answers your questions. Please don't hesitate to send any more questions my way.

Stay cool!
  • timjm25
    timjm25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I started on X2 but do not want to loose the strength I gained in X, so I am going to switch over to Beast Body.

Hoya96 explained it well. I used to be a triathlete and a marathoner, and X2 will be great for that.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Is Body Beast shorter in terms of workouts? Just curious but Tony Horton and his endless yapping annoys me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Body Beast. I just wanted to say that I have X2, and Tony is different in this one. It's just mostly all business. All the jokes and yapping are minimal, it's more straight forward.