Does anyone else weight in every day?

Options

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in nearly every day, but since I hit maintenance, I've cut back to about once a week or once every two weeks. I figure as long as I continue to eat well and exercise, I don't have anything to worry about. Honestly, I hated being a slave to the scale, but it was great for accountability.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I love numbers :)
  • pagella
    pagella Posts: 44
    Options
    If you weigh at the exact same time in the morning without consuming anything this shouldnt happen unless what you ate was different
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    There are many schools of thought on this. Studies show that people who weigh daily tend to lose more and keep it off. On the other hand, it can become both stressful and obsessive. I feel that once a month is enough unless you feel your clothes getting too tight or sense you're gaining weight. At that point, you perhaps should step on the scales and make whatever adjustments you need to make.
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss journey I was jumping on the scale every hour but now I have calmed down somewhat and only weigh myself each morning. My weight fluctuates throughout the week but I'm still averaging a weekly loss of 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. I am keeping a log and mark down each day's weight loss to help me evaluate my progress so if I suddenly gain two pounds I can look back at my food and exercise diary to see what (if any) changes I may want to make. It makes me feel better to weigh in on a daily basis - I feel it gives me more control.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    The number has been the same for three weeks now so I don't weigh anymore..too depressing :sad:
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but really only count my weigh in at Weight Watchers once a week.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I do this! every day, five days a week! but the scale shows variations everyday! on monday i was 50, yesterday i was 51 and today again i was 50! it baffles me! :( anyone else facing this problem?
    yes, I am currently bouncing between 128.2 and 129.4
    but last week I was between 129.6 and 131.2 so it is clearly going down. Slowly but steady is the best way!
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm an every day weigher. In 42 days the scale has only gone up twice (each time by one pound that was gone the next day). For me, it works. Keeps me motivated and I do not stress at the higher number. I need the daily reinforcement that what I'm doing is working and just staying the same IS working.
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do and I wish I didnt! It drives me crazy
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I weigh "unofficially" every morning but only log it on Saturdays. As long as you don't put a lot of meaning into the numbers, it's not going to do any harm. I prefer having that information every day; it helps me understand how different foods or activities impact my weight and helps me to see little problems before they become big ones. And honestly, weighing once a week would be really demotivating for me; if I happen to be a few pounds up on that one weigh-in day due to daily fluctuations, I'd have no idea why and I'd be wondering how in the world I gained it and what to do. But if I've seen what's happening all week, I'll know it's just water and it doesn't bother me.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much your stress level is based on the readings.
    I weigh in everyday however I understand that my weight fluctuates daily. So I only log when I have 1lb losses.
    Now if you want to slit your wrists if you are up 6oz then no I would advise you not to weigh everyday.
  • lupo316
    lupo316 Posts: 26
    Options
    I do every day but it's more just for fun / general info, like how much sweat lost, stuff like that. My official weigh-in's are Friday mornings so I don't take my "daily" weight too serious. And every Friday morning assuming I've made progress, even if it's only 0.4 lbs (so far the lowest weight loss week I've had) I treat myself to a huge breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Instead of a cheat day, I simply have a cheat breakfast.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane. I've havent been on the scale since mid-July.

There's too many variables (mainly water and stress) that cause weight to fluctuate up to 5lbs in a given 24 hours. Once a week, same circumstances. That's all you need.
    totally agree, its absolutely crazy i used to and it drove me nuts...its so different daily, what is the point! once a week is plenty.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I graph my weight, calories in/out, steps, activity level and other things every day. I am a numbers person though. The chart has been very informative. I track the numbers every day, but I am only interested in the trend. I am actually getting pretty good at predicting what the scale will say based on what activity I did, what I ate and how I slept the day before.
  • RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do, not in hopes that I'm losing a pound a day, but to make sure I'm not gaining. Some people get obsessed with numbers going down and/or let it kill their motivation, but it doesnt affect me that way.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning also. I have been doing it since I started losing weight 6 months ago, and it works okay for me. I stress more about it if I don't weigh myself. I just have learned not to let the temporary minor fluctuations bother me. I think this is one of those things where you just have to figure out what works best for you.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in daily--I like making sure I'm still trending downward and keeping an eye on bloating (and checking that it's just water weight).

Edit:The reason I don't weigh in daily anymore is because with an almost 4-month-old baby I just don't have the time most days.
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. The numbers do not bother me as long as I know I'm doing what I am suppose to do. When I've weighed myself weekly I've slipped.. I've read a couple studies that found that people that weigh themselves daily (not multiple times), keep the weight off in the long run. Because they are aware everyday what they weigh.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I used to too. Twice a day. Obsessed. Sometimes at work too. My husband hid the scale and now we both only weigh on Monday mornings and Im less obsessed.